ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So What Is The Best Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  435D X-Drive
Im After A 2.0l clio but what will be the best overall drive?

Clio 182
Clio 172
Clio Cup

Plus do they pull form say 40-100?

0-60 times are irrelivant

Thanks

Adam

172/vx220t/m135i
Im After A 2.0l clio but what will be the best overall drive?

Clio 182
Clio 172
Clio Cup

Plus do they pull form say 40-100?

0-60 times are irrelivant

Thanks

Adam

Put them 3 cars together rolling at 40mph and doubt there would be more than a cars length difference by the time 100mph came. They do pull pretty well though, test drive the 3 of them to see which floats your boat the most.

S4 Avant
None what so ever. The only difference you'll see depends on how worn the various suspension components are, on the individual cars. Track rod ends, ball joints etc.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Drive 5 "identical" 182's and they will all drive differently.

I've driven many 1*2's over the years, no two have been alike, modified or not.

Ph1's have cable throttle and are microscopically lighter so will probably do the 40-100 about 0.01s quicker than a 172 or a 182 as there's no electronics controlling the throttle butterfly.

Drive some and see how you get on !

Astra SRI/ Hornet
None what so ever. The only difference you'll see depends on how worn the various suspension components are, on the individual cars. Track rod ends, ball joints etc.

theres no difference between a 182 a ph2 and ph1 172 s handling? OK. im not even gonna waste my breath.

iirc a tractor also handles exactly like an f1 car but obviously the tractor is faster in a straight line.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
My x2 172 Cup's i had, drove better than my 182 Cupped..................

williams and trophy
williams is too old and hate the looks

lol..driving a puma???? are you extremely gay?....why did i ask??? you drive a puma, thats obvious....in that case stick with the 1*2 s ;)

you asked for the best drive. obviously your not going to listen to sound advice.....so why ask??

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Adam - Define "Best Drive"!

Comfort, Handling, speed, Thrill, Mechanically sound...?

435D X-Drive
lol..driving a puma???? are you extremely gay?....why did i ask??? you drive a puma, thats obvious....in that case stick with the 1*2 s ;)

you asked for the best drive. obviously your not going to listen to sound advice.....so why ask??

Firstly at 17 i passed my direct acess and was riding a "restricted" kawasaki zxr400 after i sold that i moved onto the puma my first car i didnt want a crappy little 1.0 so i worked my ass off and saved for the puma as i wanted something that would move!!!

Secondly i mentioned the cars to that i was interested in and although being a good car im not interested in them

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
lol at "restricted"

Used to s**t myself riding near cops when i was in my 2 year probation period lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Try finding a decent williams to drive,and then judge.One of the best hatches ever.But you will pay for a decent one.

I had almost signed on the line for a cup,but didnt in the end due to poverty spec,however if that floats your boat they are excellent cars and the true drivers car out of the recent 1*2's.
I opted for a 172 in the end and loved it so much i went and ordered a brand new 182 when they came out which had more toys again.If its a daily car then go for the highest spec you can.Its still a great drive when you get the chance but you have the luxuries to help you on the trip to work...

260% JCW
Firstly at 17 i passed my direct acess and was riding a "restricted" kawasaki zxr400 after i sold that i moved onto the puma my first car i didnt want a crappy little 1.0 so i worked my ass off and saved for the puma as i wanted something that would move!!!

Secondly i mentioned the cars to that i was interested in and although being a good car im not interested in them

Well done that man....... also Wouldn't call a 1.7 Fiesta a mover.

Stripped yozza'd cup
1.7 puma is pretty quick for a first car... The ford racing one is 150hp.

If you want a fun, engaging drive, buy a ph1 or a 172 cup.
If you want gadgets and pleather, buy a ph2 or a 182.

That's not to say the ph2 and 182 aren't a great drive, they are. You just get that little bit more out of the other two IMO.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I notice 2live is still up to his old flaming ways.

""you dont like the williams? you must be gay"" flol,im jusy waiting for someone to tell me it beat an nsx once.Wheres stromba when you need him.......

williams and trophy
I notice 2live is still up to his old flaming ways.

""you dont like the williams? you must be gay"" flol,im jusy waiting for someone to tell me it beat an nsx once.Wheres stromba when you need him.......

not flaming at all. he asked for 'best drive'

owning a puma, dressing up in leather pants, liking a helmet all over his face , and wanting a 1*2 makes me think hes gay ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
not flaming at all. he asked for 'best drive'

owning a puma, dressing up in leather pants, liking a helmet all over his face , and wanting a 1*2 makes me think hes gay ;)
Do people still buy Williams'? They look s**t. And the best drive? I don't think he asked about the Williams.

Juts out of curiosity 2live have you ever driven a Puma? You can certainly tell the people in this thread who haven't.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ive driven a few pumas over the years. Great cars tbf, although wouldnt swap mine for one

Dan

williams and trophy
Do people still buy Williams'? They look s**t. And the best drive? I don't think he asked about the Williams.

Juts out of curiosity 2live have you ever driven a Puma? You can certainly tell the people in this thread who haven't.

yes i have. boring gutless things imho, driving position isnt the best, visibility isnt great, uncomfy seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.