ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So What Is The Best Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Do people still buy Williams'? They look s**t. And the best drive? I don't think he asked about the Williams.

Juts out of curiosity 2live have you ever driven a Puma? You can certainly tell the people in this thread who haven't.

They don't look s**t...Except if there rusty...Which they all are...hummmm...

Jon would have an illiams over a Zonda!

williams and trophy
lol.....dont you start gaylord.

williams or zonda.....hmmmm tough choice:.....would have to be the zonda tho....sell it n get a few more williams es lol

williams and trophy
and gally. read the thread. 2.0 litre clio. of which the williams is undoubtedly the best drive of the bunch

Clio v6
lol.....dont you start gaylord.

williams or zonda.....hmmmm tough choice:.....would have to be the zonda tho....sell it n get a few more williams es lol

You could sell the Zonda and buy all the William (es) in the world, and still have enough change to buy a Zonda. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
yes i have. boring gutless things imho, driving position isnt the best, visibility isnt great, uncomfy seats.
You're clearly a fruit loop if you think a puma is boring to drive. My word!

Didnt you spend like 20k on yours...???
It's his mum's iirc. Still has finance outstanding on it from 1921 when the electrics were made.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Iirc he gave us a list and twoddle dumb pipped up with Williams.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Coty. Hi opinion is void, he said the Puma was boring, it's the polar opposite.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't have a standard one and i'm very unbiased (unblinded for want of a better word)

There are a millions cars better than old rusty Pumas, I can appreciate most cars are better than mine.
The simple fact is the guy is an imbecile troll and he gets my back up!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol! Awesome thread. Dunno, the cup is probably the best looking, the 182 is probably the best to drive, but i'm so sick of seeing them that i actually prefer the ph1 172?! Fcuk knows why?!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I don't have a standard one and i'm very unbiased (unblinded for want of a better word)

There are a millions cars better than old rusty Pumas, I can appreciate most cars are better than mine.

lol! He's just playing and blinded with willy love!

He's also short, but not as short as you!! ha!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not as short as Turner. :eek:

I'd say the ph1 is the best drive. Then the cup.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Same here.

Ph1 172 > 172 Cup > 182

Sometimes I wish I'd have bought a 172 Cup. The only reason I didn't was because I could still buy a 182 with warranty at the time.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair Chris you'd never get a cup looking as pretty as your RB so i'm glad you went the 182 route.

I'd never own a ph1 or a cup I like my creature comforts and little extras like on the 182.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
182 trophy is the best car standard.....I'm not biased though I love them all they're all great cars

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair i'd only buy a Trophy if I was looking at 1*2's.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They're pretty well-equipped for a hot hatch of the time.

Xenons, climate, leather, cruise, ESP, TC.

williams and trophy
Didnt you spend like 20k on yours...???

wrong guy mate..thatd be stromba....and 20k for an accident damaged willy 1......no matter what no. is on the plaque, or how low the mileage is....thats pants down material lol....fool.

You're clearly a fruit loop if you think a puma is boring to drive. My word!

It's his mum's iirc. Still has finance outstanding on it from 1921 when the electrics were made.

again.....thats stromba........at least try to get your facts right if your gunna try throwing insults

Iirc he gave us a list and twoddle dumb pipped up with Williams.

maybe the OP didnt realise the williams was a 2.0. he asked for best 2.0 to drive, then gave a list of the newer cars......a bit of info goes a long way ;)

get your back up?? lol.....job done ;)

435D X-Drive
how are racing pumas to drive? love the looks and bet there an awesome drive?

plus noone has mentioned how they pull from 40+

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Are there actually any decent willy's left,and how much would a decent one go for.Just out of intrest...???

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Are there actually any decent willy's left,and how much would a decent one go for.Just out of intrest...???
3p and a curly wurly.

I'm only bitter because I don't like them. Give me a 205gti instead.

Adam I won't get started too much on the FRP, i'd say you get a really good feel for one if you drive it. It's not easy to get from a description. PM me if you'd like more info.

The clio's pull okay from 40+ but they will run out of puff long before the likes of a Golf will.

182 FF
182 if you want a everyday car cos they look better IMO than the standard 172 phase 2, and will be newer. Phase 1 if you are not too bothered about age/comfort. Buy a 172 cup if you have any intentions of turning it into a track car as there is no need to spend £500+ removing ABS/aircon etc. My cup is track only now as I hated driving day to day in the end as it is too lairey for a fat middle aged bloke like me now. But I am eyeing up a 182 FF with cup pack for an everyday motor.

Stripped yozza'd cup
how are racing pumas to drive? love the looks and bet there an awesome drive?

plus noone has mentioned how they pull from 40+

They all pull more or less the same as each other tbh. Pretty well from 40 up to 100+ on a private road or race track.

big boost cup
just buy the one you like the looks of theres not much in it between them all really. unless your going racing then it will be very small time differences. but 172 cups are the best out of the bunch really :cool:

williams and trophy

there are more than youd think.

a good one will command 4k+.....over a 1/4 of the original sale price. show me a 1*2 that can keep its value like that after 16 years. oh wait. there isnt 1 ;)

there are also a lot of dogs out there too......just ask ali lol........ these will still go for 1-2k. about the same as a ph1 172. just to put it in perspective.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
3p and a curly wurly.

I'm only bitter because I don't like them. Give me a 205gti instead.

Adam I won't get started too much on the FRP, i'd say you get a really good feel for one if you drive it. It's not easy to get from a description. PM me if you'd like more info.

The clio's pull okay from 40+ but they will run out of puff long before the likes of a Golf will.

205 Gti's look pisch compared to the willy. Never liked them.

a good one will command 4k+.....over a 1/4 of the original sale price. show me a 1*2 that can keep its value like that after 16 years. oh wait. there isnt 1 ;)

there are also a lot of dogs out there too......just ask ali lol........ these will still go for 1-2k. about the same as a ph1 172. just to put it in perspective.

To be fair, mine was no more of a dog than most. For a car on 98k the following broke:

A caliper, a box, downpipe (By choice) rusty bits, paint, alarm (Aftermarket) a wheel refurb...it was a 15year old car at the end of the day. And it just didn't 'do' it for me!

I still think they're cool tho!

320d
182 if you want a everyday car cos they look better IMO than the standard 172 phase 2, and will be newer. Phase 1 if you are not too bothered about age/comfort. Buy a 172 cup if you have any intentions of turning it into a track car as there is no need to spend £500+ removing ABS/aircon etc. My cup is track only now as I hated driving day to day in the end as it is too lairey for a fat middle aged bloke like me now. But I am eyeing up a 182 FF with cup pack for an everyday motor.

A ph1 172 is no less comfortable than a 182 though. They have the same seats, both have AC, the ph1 has a more powerful stereo, they ride exactly the same. The only thing less comfortable you could argue is the lack of cruise control on the ph1, and climate if your too lazy to adjust the heating controls, although climate never gets it right anyway so you end up adjusting.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My Ph1 actually rode better than a Cupped 182. So it doesn't even have that. Not my 182, obviously; a BMW with run flats rides better than my f*cking car.

The Ph1 is hardly a stripped out car, like Brett says.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

The reason there isnt one is because non of them have reached the age of 16 yet.......lol!

Tbh I don't doubt the williams heroic status, it is no doubt a good car, I enjoyed having a blast with one before, who sadly got owned by the ph1 :) I'd love to own a williams one day though as I've driven other epic cars of its generation just never a mk1 williams.

I think the cup and trophy will command high prices when they get to a similar age as they're Iconic cars; one is a stripped out no frills car, the next is a car designed to be a very good handling car from the factory.

williams and trophy
he's actually correct

knowsit ;)

and chris. your right they arent that old yet, but are still only worth the same now, and they are only gunna get cheaper.....the 172s that is. as you aalso say the trophy will hold more value than most, but the cup?? only 172 id say will hold value is the exclusive tbh, and they just arent doing tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.