ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So what magazines do you read now

Was having an interesting discussion with Andy last night and we realised that now that MaxP has gone very...... errmmmm well....... you get the idea. But now that its happened, which magazines would actually hold the interest of a performance car enthusiast?

So, listed below is as mant of the main stream popular mags as I could think of, I think it would be an interesting survey to see how many people still follow the main stream mags, and how many have moved on to other things.....

Please vote for as many of the mags that you buy regularly.
"Regularly" = More than three issues per year
If you subscribe to this mag, please indicate with a *

Remember, this is just a bit of fun and no one is on a mission here.....

1) Max Power
2) Fast Car
3) Redline
4) Perf GTi
5) Track and race car
6) Retro cars
7) Practical performance car

Thanks guys, Dave BBT

Vee dub

Max Power stopped now? excellent news

Out of those, I try and get PGTi as often as I can

Evo and Top Gear I also like to read

Tom

Evo, Pgti, retro cars. The word you are searching for on max power is "w**k" or "chav" Dave ;) Redline, Revs and Fast Car also fall into that catagory too IMO.

The Jinx

Max power went sh*t about 8yrs ago, and Revs followed suit when EMAP bought them. PGTI went turd as soon as it went monthly.

I now read:

CAR
EVO - providing the porsche bumming content isnt too high
Retro Cars
Octane - first time this month

106 GTi

EVO Subscribe.

Retro Car, Autocar, Auto Express, Practcal Performance car, Track & Race Car if there is an article off interest.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Top Gear subscribe.

EVO/Autocar/Car occasionally, as the same for a few of the VW mags.

tiTTy & SV650

none, cant be bothered any more - the autotrader and parkers can provide hours of entertainment though...

Evo subscriber.

Stopped buying Revs / Max Power when I started to work out exactly how much I spent on them each month... lol

Dont really read much else, but will have a skim of Fast/Performance Ford while standing in WHSmiths.

Max Power etc probably provide a good supply of sales from bolt-on bits that you can post out, but I understand the desire to build a more serious customer base, based on proven developments.

Evo have done modified stuff in the past - if that turbod williams that was at RTOC @ Pod is standard apart from the engine then itd be good to see if theyd want to do a back to back test with a completely standard one / a 182 trophy / the BB 172/182 turbo...

evo ... sometimes
used car buyer ( i know its full of second hand cars,but its a good mag)
fast ford
performance ford.
pgti ... sometimes (only if it features stuff im interested in)

Evo - subscribe. The only magazine that I can literally read cover to cover without skipping anything due to lack of interest, takes me a few days to get through it.

Autocar is ok but a bit expensive for a weekly, I get it ocassionally. Fortean Times is my only other magazine purchase, but its hard to get and gets thinner and more expensive every month so its not a regular purchase anymore.

retro cars , practical performance car, what other magazine have a bloke putting a 27 litre rolls royce tank engin with home made fuel injection in a rover sdi producing 850 bhp and over 200mph+ rather than some t**ser with a large cheque book tuning his wrx to 300 bhp, boring

Megane225FF

Subscribe to evo, then occasionally buy autocar, Top Gear, What Car, depends on what sort of eye candys splashed across the cover really.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

was subscribed to evo when it was £1 an issue, cancelled but only because i didnt want direct debits flying out! I still buy it often... its by far the best. I need another £1 promotion!

i think autocar is ok but sometimes the focus is more day to day and mundane than "evoness" which is a great philosophy. autocar is good to read about new cars coming out though. top gear is crap IMO precedes the telly and the columns arent that good.

other than that i buy a different motorbike mag each month because i cant figure out which one is best yet!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Evo and Practical Performance Car.

Sometimes get TRC is there are some good cars in it. I dont really like the writing in it much tho.