ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So whats the difference??

Liquid R27 067/500
Hi Guys,

Bought myself a 2004 clio 182 With both the cup packs fitted.

Just wondering what actually the cup packs change from the standard 182?!

Thanks for feedback :clown:

Cup packs mean new springs and ampers all round and new hubs at the front with stronger bearings and different hub spacing also the car runs more camber.

406 passion wagon..
Different colour wheels.
Cup rear spoiler.
Different suspension I believe.

Not 100% sure but think that's about it! Hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy my mk1 172

Karl

Liquid R27 067/500
Thanks guys,

Certainly am enjoying it. Had a fabia vRS before and handles way better than it, but is slower :(

Scirocco GT 210
Jobo said:
Thanks guys,

Certainly am enjoying it. Had a fabia vRS before and handles way better than it, but is slower :(

Probably because you're used to driving a diesel. Putting your foot down at 1.5k rpm and expecting power isn't the way to drive a 182. Let the revs build, especially above 4k and you'll soon realise it's a faster car.

Nissan 350Z
Steve2004 said:
Probably because you're used to driving a diesel. Putting your foot down at 1.5k rpm and expecting power isn't the way to drive a 182. Let the revs build, especially above 4k and you'll soon realise it's a faster car.

Yep agreed. Normal day to day driving you could be forgiven for thinking the vRS feels faster (it does).... the Clio needs to be driven with intent, but when it is, its definitely a lot faster.

If it had a remap it would be closer, but in the end, there'd still be very little in it.

182 + Cup
Karl3158 said:
Different colour wheels.
Cup rear spoiler.
Different suspension I believe.

Not 100% sure but think that's about it! Hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy my mk1 172

Karl

Yes
Yes
Very Yes
Plus little chin spoiler on the front and the hub stuff as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

LOL at the 'slower' comments. Typical oil burner driver. Not used to revving it over 4k!!

Liquid R27 067/500
Hehe yeh my fabia surprised a lot of people!

It was remapped to 170bhp and 300ft/lbs torque but with al that weight, the understeer was horrendous!

Great power though!! :clown: