ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sold my v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold my v6 today. The guy that bought it knows about this site and v6clio.net so he may register soon.

Here is my new car. Picked it up today, drove it straight to Cardiff and Charlie @ Prospeed changed the exhaust. It originally had a massive 5" or so tailpipe and was very very loud so I changed it for the twin pipes and had it quieter. Although it still sounds beefy.

Cannot recommend Pro-Speed enough. I've had some exhausts before but these guys really know their stuff, are so helpful and friendly and did an absolutely awesome job. The welds on it are really good unlike the crap powerflow do.

The car is un-real. Soooo quick, not regretting selling the v6 at all. The car may not be to some peoples tastes but I love it. Gets nearly as many looks as the v6 did and makes the v6 seem slow.

Enjoy.

Last pic I had of the v6..

DSC00047.jpg

My new beast.

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

Now I better go practice my drifting and buy some shares in tyres. :rasp:

Only just noticed the meet. Can't make it tomorrow night.

I need it rolling roaded but with the mods it has at 1bar its running about 290-300bhp. If I turned the boost upto 1.2bar then it would be way over 300bhp. I need to uprate the clutch to do this really though.

steve740 said:
Top motors mate, both of them!
Shouldve met up with a few of us cardiff lot while you were down prospeed!

I met Tim down there. He bought his 172 in to have one of the sensors taken out his sports cat as the emission light was on. Nice chap and seemed to like my car.

Maz/Jay - Not sad to see the v6 go at all really. They are not that good. Handling wasn't upto much, and performance isn't shocking as it's so bloody heavy. Always thinking the car might spin if pushed too hard, even on dry roads. The best bits about it were looks and it sounded alright. Plus it's French and I had problems with coil packs going, crap & noisy gearboxes sometimes. I don't think they are all out to be as good as people make them to be.

Well that's my opinion.

Fred - Go spend 4k on itbs and get little gains. Stfu. :rasp:

throttle bodied mk2 172
i dont know maybe i see those car to much in australia but you did wrong choice mate.clio v6 is much much better car.also that is old model.you will miss renault

throttle bodied mk2 172
if you beat fred's throttle bodied clio in a track with your 200 sx i will cut my head off.even you car runs 400 horses.rear wheel drive nissan...only for drag races.french hatches forever!!

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
Chris, shame to see the V6 go as I do like 'em, but, I still love having a huge grin from Jap cars with the way you can make them look and the stupid performance levels you can squeese outta them! Chris - Knighted "Sir Drift King" !!!:D

ahmet said:
if you beat fred's throttle bodied clio in a track with your 200 sx i will cut my head off.even you car runs 400 horses.rear wheel drive nissan...only for drag races.french hatches forever!!

Did I say anything about racing him? having more power than him?

What i'm saying is, it costs an awful lot of money to modify a n/a engine. Turbo engines are a lot cheaper to modify for bigger power.

I don't know why I bother posting things up. Majority of comments have been congrats, nice car etc etc. But fuckwits like you just give out negative comments.

Get fucked Crocodile Dundee.

Loving the S14 Chris, deffo much nicer than the V6 imo, as it's got all the right body mods still keeping it subtle but giving it some much needed anger in it's look! Stunning mate!

PS those wheels are p**n, what are they?

R35 GTR
Chris K said:
Did I say anything about racing him? having more power than him?

What i'm saying is, it costs an awful lot of money to modify a n/a engine. Turbo engines are a lot cheaper to modify for bigger power.

I don't know why I bother posting things up. Majority of comments have been congrats, nice car etc etc. But f**kwits like you just give out negative comments.

Get f**ked Crocodile Dundee.
as long as you get a buzz when you put your foot down thats all that matters. I bet it feels silly quick....

Chris K said:
Maz/Jay - Not sad to see the v6 go at all really. They are not that good. Handling wasn't upto much, and performance isn't shocking as it's so bloody heavy. Always thinking the car might spin if pushed too hard, even on dry roads. The best bits about it were looks and it sounded alright. Plus it's French and I had problems with coil packs going, crap & noisy gearboxes sometimes. I don't think they are all out to be as good as people make them to be.

Well that's my opinion.
I was wondering about the mk1 as well tbh. So as i'm considering one - I went out in one last weekend:cool: I beg to differ as this one (totally standard) handled really well (he hacked it down a lot of b roads & it stuck really well - which really shocked me after reading some peoples reports on them, ok so maybe in the wet its a different story- but I don't drive the same in the wet as I do in the dry)
It picked up great, seemed to have bags of torque (no lag which i'm used to, as its not a turbo'd car) the only bit I didn't really like was the noise inside the vee & the dash was plasticky.

Still each to their own, but I much prefered the vee:)

Golf 7R
Sold a real head turner for a nissan, cant see the logic behind it myself, but then again its not my money so my opinion counts for hardly little!

Status
Not open for further replies.