ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sold my v6

Status
Not open for further replies.
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nice motor Chris. Shame the P1s didnt tempt you though ;)

200SX is a fantastic, reliable and very strong motor. Easily tuneable and capable of very high speeds - Autobahn or private track of course. Looks sweet sitting on those wheels and the colour really suits it. Good choice, and although the V6 was a Mk1, it still looked fantastic. As long as you aint missing it, who cares? :)

193 mk2
chris speak to phill about mods @ driftworks, you can have real fun chucking the arse end out in these lol. don't like mk1 vee's either.

Thanks for comments guys. Scutch, couldn't get insured on a p1 until I was 23. Some insurance companies won't touch me until i've had a years insurance on a p1 with somewhere else. Actually I think that may be all imprezas not just a p1.

I'm loving it. Gave it a propper good clean today, inside and out and it's come up lovely. Next on the list is brakes. The car is way to fast for the brakes and it doesn't stop me well enough.

I think the brakes I have on at the moment are warped as I get a judder through the steering wheel when braking.

It seems to handle very well. You can't get the backend out unless you want to and really push it. Seems glued to the corners.

The wheels I beleive are... 19" dare wheels. I do have the original Nissan Alloys too which were included in the sale, plus a lot of standard parts such as airbox, wing mounted intercooler, original cat, apex backbox etc.

Leon Cupra 300
good choice mate.... if it were me id of gone for a std lookin one but good choice they go very well i knew a lad with one, they have lsd too :D

RenaultSport Clio 172 CUP
Saw one of these to day on the rollers was 390bhp hurt my ears :p But it really did shift off down the road!! was same colour as yours aswell! my Clio got 174bhp, not bad as it only got a filter an exhuast :).. but i think the dino was crap

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Very nice Chris... :cool:

Hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine. :evil:

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Chris K said:
Next on the list is brakes. The car is way to fast for the brakes and it doesn't stop me well enough.

I think the brakes I have on at the moment are warped as I get a judder through the steering wheel when braking.

What are they now?

Not standard are they... if so... :dead:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LOL! a standard 200sx will out run a v in a straight line... they will hit 160mph standard too!!!

the 4k it will cost for itb's on a v6 spend the same on a 200sx, not only will it be faster u will get coilovers and all the adjustable arms etc to set the car up for road/track/drift... and i guarantee a 200 with the same money spent on it to get itb's on a v6 would out drive a v around the track by a LONG way!!!

m8 looks a beast, give us a spec list :D

i love 200's people say they are big cars but they aint lol, space inside is minimal! i have driven a mrk1 and 2 v and would have my 200 over either of them!

and as for the guy saying its the old model... not in the uk its not that was the last model they made in the uk, the s15 was jap and oz only...

i love it. .
is that the s14a?
i love these cars.. im jealous. :D
nice one chris...
the pic ive attached is the car i love.... at the moment..
lucky git

Last edited:
  1996 Renault Clio Hybrid
Cant go wrong with 200sx.

Congrats on the new car mate, as much as i love the V6 Clio the 200sx is hardcore, and yours looks the tits!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
JLO said:
i love it. .
is that the s14a?
i love these cars.. im jealous. :D
nice one chris...
the pic ive attached is the car i love.... at the moment..
lucky git

not offically a 200 though lol, its a silvia s15... 200sx is what they named it in UK and u cant get an english s15... japan call them silvia's

you have in the uk the

200 sx s14 (my shape) japan call it the Silvia zenki or s14

200sx s14a (chris's shape) japan call it Silvia Kouki

then u have the s15...

you also have the 180sx (s13 shape) and a 200sx (s13 shape) in japan lol

and the amount of different s13's u can get in japan is stupid, you have sil80's, onevia's lol

then u can get a strawberry (which is s15 front end on a older 200)

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
these arnt very quick standard are they? but become very quick with small money but then you pay loads just tryin to maintain it in good condition. parts are expensive and running costs. this is what iv always thought about these turbo jap cars?im i wrong?? would like one but this is whats putting me off.

Btw looking good nice this 200!

Thanks for comments guys.

Malice, you speak sense.

It's a 200sx s14a touring. Comes with cream leather seats, aircon as standard.

Rich - brakes are poo. They are the standard ones. I'm looking at possible upgrades. They come with 4 pots as standard but need to look around on what discs and pads to use.

At the moment its looking like brembo discs, ferodo ds2500 pads and goodridge braided hoses. You think that would make a difference? I'd be looking at probably getting over 300mm front discs on it.

Or is it better to go for the skyline discs?

Malice, here is the spec so far...

APEX-shortshifter, full exhaust system (3" bore) & de-cat, APEX-fmic, NISMO-555 injectors, NISMO- gear nob, BLITZ- air filter,BOOST GAUGE, GREDDY pro fec b boost controller, HKS- ssqv blow off valve, HD STG2 CHIP, DENZO plugs, walbro fuel pump, kyb shocks, eibach springs, kumho tyres, 19" dare wheels.

If I uprate the clutch, I can turn the boost upto 1.2 bar. It's running 1 bar at the moment.

Just don't know what clutch to buy yet, how much to spend, where to get it fitted...?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
E-ray_172 said:
these arnt very quick standard are they?

Similar performance to the 172/182 as standard, but faster top end.

E-ray_172 said:
but become very quick with small money but then you pay loads just tryin to maintain it in good condition. parts are expensive and running costs. this is what iv always thought about these turbo jap cars?im i wrong?? would like one but this is whats putting me off.

Yeah, for not a lot of money they can be made a lot quicker!

These must be one of the cheapest Jap turbo cars to run, insurance is reasonable, parts/spares are not expensive, fuel economy is not bad (mid 30's mpg), they're not hard on tyres, cheap to tune, etc... they're also reliable!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Chris K said:
It's a 200sx s14a touring. Comes with cream leather seats, aircon as standard.

You could get black leather as well, I went for black as I aint as keen on cream. ;)

The "Touring" also got things like side skirts and a better stereo too, the top spec model.

Chris K said:
Rich - brakes are poo. They are the standard ones. I'm looking at possible upgrades. They come with 4 pots as standard but need to look around on what discs and pads to use.

At the moment its looking like brembo discs, ferodo ds2500 pads and goodridge braided hoses. You think that would make a difference? I'd be looking at probably getting over 300mm front discs on it.

Or is it better to go for the skyline discs?

For a cheap but actually quite good upgrade, the Brembo discs and Ferodo DS2500's are spot on, that's what I run on mine and the brakes are fine. I'm doing Oulton Park soon so I'll see how that fair on the track, but for fast road use they are good.

There's a kit from Apex where you use the original calipers but end up running 310mm discs, not stupidly priced and meant to work superbly!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Chris K said:
If I uprate the clutch, I can turn the boost upto 1.2 bar. It's running 1 bar at the moment.

Just don't know what clutch to buy yet, how much to spend, where to get it fitted...?

Yeah, there's no way a standard clutch will cope with any more than 1 bar of boost, so you'll need a new one, I'm in the same boat and going for the ACT heavy duty organic one from Apex, £289 plus fitting.

With the uprated clutch fitted you can run 1.2 bar then as you have the right mods in place to do so... rapido... :evil:

throttle bodied mk2 172
after couple weeks you get that engine in your hands dont worry.you cant know jap cars more than me mate. like i said in australia your car goes for 3000 pound only.cheap to modify but not reliable.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
ahmet said:
after couple weeks you get that engine in your hands dont worry.you cant know jap cars more than me mate. like i said in australia your car goes for 3000 pound only.cheap to modify but not reliable.

Your grammar is terrible! :S

Firstly, this is the UK not Australia, so price comparisons between the two are meaningless! :rolleyes:

Secondly, they are a reliable car and my God they are certainly built better than a Clio, my brand new 172 Cup was a joke, I've seen Christmas Crackers with better build quality, yet my 8 year old 200SX is more reliable, has less rattles, doesn't clunk & knock everytime I floor it, hasn't been back the dealers once a month, etc etc! :quiet:

You don't like them, so what, it would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things, but there's no need to put Chris down on his new purchase.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What are you on Ahmet? The SR20 is very reliable! lol! What makes them unreliable? What are the weak areas?

Chris i wouldnt expect anyone on here to prefer it to a vee. You sold half of the people on here's dream car...lol!

As Iain said, any parts you need www.apex-performance.co.uk

throttle bodied mk2 172
look thats his choice ok.but he tells us clio v6's week points.when i compare two car clio v6 is much better.chris show your cars interior mate.that s**t model 200 sx doesnt have any luxury.only quicker in straight with mods.if you drive 3 hours hard with that car engine or turbo will blow.i am only correcting something on this thread;clio v6 is much better car and he will accept this after.my grammer is not good but this doesnt mean that i cant write anything.everyone understand what i try to say here.your car is not a sti,skyline gtr or a mitsubishi evo.i cant fuckin believe that you swap that car over a v6

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
ahmet said:
that sh*t model 200 sx doesnt have any luxury.only quicker in straight with mods.if you drive 3 hours hard with that car engine or turbo will blow.i am only correcting something on this thread .your car is not a sti,skyline gtr or a mitsubishi evo.

You really are a sad misguided individual...

ahmet said:
look thats his choice ok.but he tells us clio v6's week points.when i compare two car clio v6 is much better.chris show your cars interior mate.that sh*t model 200 sx doesnt have any luxury.only quicker in straight with mods.if you drive 3 hours hard with that car engine or turbo will blow.i am only correcting something on this thread;clio v6 is much better car and he will accept this after.my grammer is not good but this doesnt mean that i cant write anything.everyone understand what i try to say here.your car is not a sti,skyline gtr or a mitsubishi evo.i cant f**kin believe that you swap that car over a v6

are you retarded?

Clio V6 for all intents and purposes is a 172 with a kit on it and a Laguna engine, nothing more. I'd take a 200sx over one anyday from a driving perspective. Both would be wasted on you however, night school would be a better option if your thinking of spending any money.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
ahmet said:
look thats his choice ok.but he tells us clio v6's week points.when i compare two car clio v6 is much better.

Thats because he's owned and driven both. Have you?

HOw is the V6 much better? Using valid/proven points? Not its much better because i say so....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.