ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Solution: Drying out drivers side footwell without removing seats

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Not sure if you remember my Christmas post but I had a major leak (which turned out to be the central scuttle pipe) which filled my drivers side with water.

I initially cleared half a bucket of water.

I asked on here how to dry the carpet out and most advice was to remove the seats etc but as that is a lot of hassle, I wondered if you could do it any other way. In the video, you will see how to get the carpet up to your problem area. I couldn't find this info anywhere else so thought I would share it. It takes around 3 - 4 hours of drying, I'd advise putting a towel underneath whilst pushing with another on top of the (foam) padding. You'll need several towels, might be worth buying some cheapo ones to throw away after.

Once dried, I also put 2 boil in the bag rice packs in the problem areas just to grab the last bits of moisture.

Since clearing the pipe and drying the carpet, it has rained very badly and the carper is still dry, the foam is moist to touch but pressing doesn't reveal any trapped water.

I hope this video helps anyone in the same situation...

330i. E30 Touring.
My solution is quicker.

490396.jpg

Straight through the carpet/floor. Mind the fuel lines and you're laughing.

BMW 320d SE
I removed the foam underlay from my passenger side footwell, rinsed it in bleach and water in the bath. It's now drying out on the airer in the house. The footwell carpet is all propped up off the floor with various bits of Clio trim to try and air it out. The bulkhead sound deadening has foam on the back too, and this is still quite wet. Not sure how I'm going to tackle that.