ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some action pics from Bedford and Nurburgring of my little Cup from last few weeks

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Clios been getting a sound thrashing at lots of trackdays and a Ring trip this last month. Thought I would share a few of the pics. Think its done 3 Bedford nights (including the Renaultsport one, where me and Tony kicked the life out of it!) a Brands day and a Ring Trip in last 8 weeks alone!

Its fast becoming one of my fav cars ever. I LOVE its character and its willingness and fun and also it giant slaying ability. It did over 30 laps of the Ring the last trip. I did 15 of them VERY hard and it never skipped a beat (massive thanks and respect to Mark Fish for his AMAZING preperation of the car!)

I only did 6 laps in my ExigeS as I prefered driving the Clio and also with me in the Clio and my mates in the Lotus's we could all have a good little battle as I know the track alot better and also drive alot harder than they do!

anyway the pics

974e577f.jpg

69338b2d.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

clio11.jpg

clio9.jpg

clio5.jpg

clio2.jpg

cli03.jpg

_20110530_1218270717.jpg

Thanks to my Sister for driving it there and back :) She loved driving it at Ring and was very fast for her first time. Its now her fav car of mine! It also took ALL the luggage and helmets and spares and tools and camera gear... as you cant get fook all in the Exiges. So the Clio makes a GREAT and fun support van as well as it other talents! ;)
IMG_3744.jpg

Lotus pics from Ring
lot9.jpg

lot2.jpg

lot7.jpg

lot3.jpg

lot4.jpg

Some pics from few Bedford times.
cliolarge6.jpg

cliolarge1.jpg

Tony driving
cliolarg7.jpg

cliolarge2.jpg

Another day
DSC_7624.jpg

DSC_7038.jpg

DSC_7626.jpg

DSC_7626.jpg

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Some action pics from Bedford and Nurburgring of my little Cup from last few week

ever thought about an s1 exige with a supercharged K0A. its as light as the clio with exige balance and 430 power to weight ratio. All your cars in one.

nice pics btw

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Re: Some action pics from Bedford and Nurburgring of my little Cup from last few week

Lee, I love the fact that on every pic you have a grin from ear to ear in the cup. Shows that you dont need a super car to enjoy yourself eh?

You got any more plans for the clio? Flocked dash or anything?

PH1 iceburg

Amazing.Looks like you'v been having a whale of a time.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Of course. Dont really like the Honda ones though... drive shafts are pain for a start. Also S1's are a little raw for me. I have the rawness and brutalness factor with my Westfield.

My friends are very much into Lotus's. The guy driving my Exige in the pics at the Ring has an Audi Turbo charged 450bhp S1. Here we are in mine and his. I was going to buy this car with him at first. The guy in the other S2 and the ring also has an S1 Exige but its MUCH madder... 550bhp plus. He used to race it in Elise Trophy. Now moving onto Britcar or similar with it.

DSC_5354.jpg

DSC_7093.jpg

also the guy who built my Westfield for me. Is building a 500bhp Audi S1 as well... another white 1! we will soon have 5 white Exiges between the 4 of us!

here it is on way to paint.
Offtothepaintshop.jpg

being rebuilt this weekend
Someprogresstoday.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Great stuff mate. This car takes so much abuse :approve:

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

its as light as the clio with exige balance and 430 power to weight ratio. All your cars in one.

nice pics btw

An S1 Exige is MUCH lighter than a Clio :)

and all my cars? you are only talking about 3 of them there ;)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Great stuff mate. This car takes so much abuse :approve:

Would only be fair to say it also gets MORE than its fair share of parts and prep. If you wanna use it as hard and reguarly as I do. Expect big bills if you cant do any work yourself. (and I can't!) The Clio costs more to run than my Ferrari!! (Although thats still under warranty! ;) )

The Lotus doesn't. It handles the abuse far better than the Clio. But then its a far more expensive car.

LOVE my Clio, its tucked up all clean and 100% fit and healthy in my garage now. Makes me smile ALOT whenever I see it.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

my two mates who own JSR are putting 400bhp+ Audi engines into S2 Exiges now... I know they dont look as hard or as cool. But they are ALOT nicer places to be and far stronger and just better alround and easier to live with than Exige S1's.

I might find it very hard to resist a conversion!!! although I am LOVING the 100% reliability and usability of my almost standard car at moment.

Clio RS Team 2006

woww! good pics !!!

I love how enthusuastic you are about all your cars.
I've often wondered if you rave about the Clio so much because you're on this forum? Do you log onto FerrariSport.net and rave about the Cup too? ;)

Merc A class

Awesome mate!

You got any plans to do a trackday @ Oulton park

clio 182 black /gold

I do like the pictures.

182cup & 172 racecar

Thanks Porkie,I think we had great fun in it at Bedford:D,glad the Ring trip went well.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

I love how enthusuastic you are about all your cars.
I've often wondered if you rave about the Clio so much because you're on this forum? Do you log onto FerrariSport.net and rave about the Cup too? ;)

I certainly rave on and on about my little Clio on Passionford and Pistonheads and Exiges.com... not so much on Clubscud, M3cutters as I rarely go on them or any Porsche Forums or Westfield ones that much.

I'm always gushing about my Clio on Facebook as well... I think some people must think I am MAD how much I love my Clio when I have lots of other cars that in there eyes are 'better' My girlfriend certainly doesnt understand my fascination with it at ALL!

Everyone that drives it on track or around the Ring does though (GF apart ;) ) My little sister has driven everything I own and have owned. The Clio is her FAV! and she owns my old Boxster herself which is nicely 'tweaked' ;) She was FLYING around the Ring, Brands and Bedford in it.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Thanks Porkie,I think we had great fun in it at Bedford:D,glad the Ring trip went well.

Was great laugh. Glad I have it on Video.

Was there on Friday night. was like an Icerink.... people were spinning off on the sighting laps! I only took Lotus. TC off... I have to say. I was drifting pretty well for a clumsy hooligan driver that I am. Did some loooong ones.

Will have to get you along to next big one I do mate, you have to drive Westfield. 800bhp per tonne... HOLD ON TIGHT!

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Awesome mate!

You got any plans to do a trackday @ Oulton park

heard its an awesome track. Its a long way for me but will definately get up there at some point soon.

Not been to Donno since its reopened. Need to get there soon. Great track.

Z4 Coupe

Awesome pictures. Quite a collection you have there porkie

182cup & 172 racecar

Was great laugh. Glad I have it on Video.

Was there on Friday night. was like an Icerink.... people were spinning off on the sighting laps! I only took Lotus. TC off... I have to say. I was drifting pretty well for a clumsy hooligan driver that I am. Did some loooong ones.

Will have to get you along to next big one I do mate, you have to drive Westfield. 800bhp per tonne... HOLD ON TIGHT!

Now that would be fun.

Suzuki Jimny

Just epic.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Got any jobs going??

Ollie's Silver Cup

Great stuff, the ring trip especially. I really want to do it this year/next year.

Nicely documented with the photos too! :approve:

172 /megane cab

Some very nice pics there the lotus are pon in White

182 ff with cup pack's

looking good porkie i need to get back to the ring soon starting to get a bad itch lol you noticed any improvements with the oil cooler on?

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique

amazing pics, must have been a blast round the 'ring!!

Just one question though, from the pics is seems that the car could benefit a lot from some more negative camber in the front.. what setting are you currently using?

Cheers from Brazil!

Weeman sucks ****

Those 888's really push the bodyroll, you still running H&R's?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

Cool pics, nice Cup too :)

LY R26

awesome pics, cup looks right at home there!

Clio 172 RS2

Nice!

So how does Bedford feel after putting the Clio through the Ringer?

Needs to go back to der Nordschleife soon...

ventura

ClioSport Club Member

Great Pics Mate !!

GSXR + KDX220

Loving the ring pics, I SO want to go late this year or next summer :)

Porkie, give us the heads up when you're heading to Donington please!

A sexy one

awesom! il be going nurburing in september with some mates, carnt wait!!