ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some issues with my recent purchase - Renault Clio Sport 172 Exclusive

Mk1 172 Exclusive
Hi all
About a week ago I purchased a Y Reg Renault Clio Sport 172 Exclusive number 75 and am about to start tracking a few of its issues!!! I’ve spent a good few hours looking around on this forum and the net for answers and am now after some advice, so if anyone can help I’d really appreciate it.
N/S Electric Window not working – Last night I took off the door card and noticed a nice chunk of wood obviously keeping the window up. I then took out the motor etc and the metal wire is bent and frayed. My question is am I better off going to my local scrapyard to find a complete set-up or buy a £15 wire kit I found on ebay?
Interior Fan not working – I’ve checked the fuse and that is fine and after doing some reading think it’s either a stuck fan motor or a blown transistor. The symptoms are when I turn the knob to any position nothing happens at all.. so any idea if its likely to be a dead motor or transistor please?
Central locking not working – I have 2 keys both of which light red when I press the button. Again I think I’ve tried all of the suggestions on the forum so is it likely that I’m going to have to visit my rip-off Renault Dealer?
I expect I’ll find a few more issue soon.. lol
Thanks for any help.

BMW M135i
1. Get a regulator complete and just swap it.
2. Probably the fan as the resistor is shorted out on full speed, can test with a multimeter at the fan terminals to prove.
3. Minefield. Check the antenna first, i'd need to look other things up.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Best to get a complete window mechanism from a scrap yard, they shouldnt be no more than 30quid max,

Regarding the Interior fan, it most likely to be a blown transistor, mines done the same and their about £100 for a new one from renault, located under the driver side scuttle panel 2x8/7mm bolts holding it on,

BMW M135i
Regarding the Interior fan, it most likely to be a blown transistor, mines done the same and their about £100 for a new one from renault, located under the driver side scuttle panel 2x8/7mm bolts holding it on,
Exclusive is a Ph1 so different setup.

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I think you can test if its the heater resistor pack by turning the dial to full and shorting pins 1 and 5 of the resistor pack.. the heater should come on full power.. i wouldnt remmomened sorting for more than a second or two for testing.. If you look in the guides section there is a guide to fixing the resistor pack for less than £5 otherwise they are £120 new or £35 refurbed.

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I think you can test if its the heater resistor pack by turning the dial to full and shorting pins 1 and 5 of the resistor pack.. the heater should come on full power.. i wouldnt remmomened sorting for more than a second or two for testing.. If you look in the guides section there is a guide to fixing the resistor pack for less than £5 otherwise they are £120 new or £35 refurbed.

Exclusive is a Ph1 so different setup.

Never mind then.. just spotted this :dapprove:

BMW M135i
I looked for it yesterday.. any idea where it is please?
Don't worry about the resistor yet, the interior fan lives under the drivers side skuttle panel with the cabin filter etc. Get it off and test the supply to the fan plug on the various fan settings, if you're getting a varying voltage there then its 99% the fan. You could test the resistance of the fan motor windings to be sure.

Where abouts are you? The central locking situation could be made easier with a plug up to clip but i'm not 100% how much detail a ph1 offers.

Mk1 172 Exclusive
Don't worry about the resistor yet, the interior fan lives under the drivers side skuttle panel with the cabin filter etc. Get it off and test the supply to the fan plug on the various fan settings, if you're getting a varying voltage there then its 99% the fan. You could test the resistance of the fan motor windings to be sure.

Where abouts are you? The central locking situation could be made easier with a plug up to clip but i'm not 100% how much detail a ph1 offers.

I live in West Cornwall. I looked under the skuttle panel last night and if my memory serves me correct there were two items under there.. planning on looking at it over the weekend so basically I connect a multimeter to the plug and if it changes then its likely to be it.. is the same fan used on all PH1 models plz?

Sorry for asking so many questions but this is my first Renault..

Mk1 172 Exclusive
Hi, I visited my local scrappy on the weekend and managed to find an interior fan on a car so took it out only to find that it has a different wire arrangement. After some internet investigation I believe it's because mine has A/C, anyone know for sure please? also does anyone know what part of the unit usually fails? and could I possible swap it between the units?

13062011083.jpg

Mk1 172 Exclusive
Hi, I visited my local scrappy on the weekend and managed to find an interior fan on a car so took it out only to find that it has a different wire arrangement. After some internet investigation I believe it's because mine has A/C, anyone know for sure please? also does anyone know what part of the unit usually fails? and could I possible swap it between the units?

View attachment 58538
I now have a working interior fan :) Basically the motor in mine had died but the resistors etc were all working so I took the resistor pack out of mine and put it into the one I got from the scrappy and hey presto it worked.. unfortunately the screws etc did not fit due to being a different design but I sealed the unit in place with sealant.. I know its not a very neat job but until I can find another one for a £5 at my local scrappy it will do :)