ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

some RS based hatred from my colleagues....

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182 Trophy #333
So my colleagues, especially mine line manager, are not particularly big fans of the clio, in fact they have a large amount of hatred for Clios, even though never actually driving one....so after months of being the butt of every gay and hairdressing based joke available i came back from my lunch break to discover i'd been emailed a photo....of my manager...making a somewhat rude gesture about a Clio 200 parked up in Festival Place Basingstoke.

photo4.jpg

182 Trophy #333
as above, a tiny engine mazda 2 and the other has a ford mondeo with ducktape holding the bumpers together, the 3rd chap doesnt drive, but is a BIG FAN of the Trophy!

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
He looks more like the kind of cnut that'd sit on my bumper in his A5.

Rise above it!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This could be good.

130192166132.jpg

Is that Roy in the first picture?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol! Are they actual brown loafers? :cool:

as above, a tiny engine mazda 2 and the other has a ford mondeo with ducktape holding the bumpers together, the 3rd chap doesnt drive, but is a BIG FAN of the Trophy!

I'm pretty sure every Mondeo has this, lol!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Those bumper are h'actually famous for that.

Renault build quality > Ford... Right?

RX7 FD
I definitely had a little chuckle at that!

Luke is correct too, I am sure every Mondeo I see also has ducktape holding various bodywork pieces on!

Clio Sport 182
I definitely had a little chuckle at that!

Luke is correct too, I am sure every Mondeo I see also has ducktape holding various bodywork pieces on!

Pahhh glad I'm not the only one to notice, pretty much every older shape mondeo has tape all over the bumpers :p

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Pahhh glad I'm not the only one to notice, pretty much every older shape mondeo has tape all over the bumpers :p

Rofl it's a nationwide issue then, theyre all the same round here too. I thought it was just the chavy people round these parts solution.

Suzuki Jimny

It's a bad design IIRC, where if you went over a certain speed then the bumpers would trap air and break :)

260% JCW
So my colleagues, especially mine line manager, are not particularly big fans of the clio, in fact they have a large amount of hatred for Clios, even though never actually driving one....so after months of being the butt of every gay and hairdressing based joke available i came back from my lunch break to discover i'd been emailed a photo....of my manager...making a somewhat rude gesture about a Clio 200 parked up in Festival Place Basingstoke.

photo4.jpg

LOL

TBF your manager looks like a fat, grey and balding f**k wit with a similar dress sense to that of a old aged pensioner.

Don't let people put you down, give as good as you get.

Evo 5 RS
lol I can't tell if he's making an O to say 'OK' or shaking his fist...

Reckon the latter maybe lol. What does your manager drive? Or has that been answered already...

Edit: Mazda ...

Nope, don't have a comeback

Jap Crap!11.

Last edited:
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Your not alone, I get comments like 'girly car', 'boy racer tat' and general negative comments, but they drive sh:tboxes so I don't care!!

182 Trophy #333
Your not alone, I get comments like 'girly car', 'boy racer tat' and general negative comments, but they drive sh:tboxes so I don't care!!

haha i think its hilarious, especially when people slate the Trophy yet drive a total shitebox themselves!

But Trophy is basically a 182 Cup, and everyone likes to slate that on here as the most pointless Clio ever?

Sure, the Trophy has a special suspension, but since most owners live their life a quarter mile at a time, it's more pointless than a 182 Cup. Right?

I'd prefer a FF 182 on coilovers. At least then you won't have FRP arch gaps.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Whooahh! Am I sensing some Trophy hate here?
To be fair, the Cup is seen as pointless because you could get the Cup goodies on a 182 and thus have a "complete" (i.e. FF) 182.
You weren't officially able to get all the Trophy upgrades on a 182 in the UK (correct me if I'm wrong) and they are all (seats, wheels and dampers, springs) VERY pricey.
Put together, they produce a car that Chris Harris describes in Autocar in 2005 as "otherworldly" and one of the finest enthusiasts' cars ever produced bearing comparison not with fast hatchbacks but bespoke sports cars such as Porsche.
Its development was put in the hands of the likes of Ragnotti so surely can't be dismissed as pointless on a Renaultsport forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.