ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Someone diagnose this noise please

Evo
I say sound but not sure if I have more than one problem here, basically car sounds rough as fook at the moment.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gNzlViRKYLg

That's the car fully warmed up. Don't think it's the dephaser as with the bonnet open there's no definitive noise coming from the top end, although it is on 101,000 miles original pulley.

Pure motorsport air con delete kit with new alternator, not sure if it's the PAS pump or water pump?

Clio 182
Sounds like a bearing. Possibly alternator or power steering pump if the noise is that area.
Take the aux belt off and briefly run it to see if noise has gone.

Evo
Well the alternator is barely a thousand miles old and I'm sure the sound was there before so my bet would be on the pas pump or water pump.

Whats the average lifespan of a dephaser? I've been expecting mine to play up since 80k, perhaps it may have finally happened.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
How long is a piece of string regarding a dephaser. Water pumps are not indestructible mine has been changed on mine before I owned it due to it dying.

Ph1 172, E36 328
Mine sounded like that... Thought it was the dephaser but turned out the plastic cambelt tensioner broke into 4 pieces. Hard to tell by the sound on the vid but mine all of a sudden sounded like a tractor.