ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Something's not quite right..

Clio 182 Trophy
I've just got my trophy back from the garage today after having two new rear discs and a rear driver side calliper replaced however when I got into the car to drive away there was virtually no brakes. I pumped the pedal a bit and it still wasn't any better so I took I back and told them to drive it and see. The guy said they feel fine to him but I know my car and the brakes were a lot more solid before. I have to push my foot all the way to the floor just to get it to stop. Is it just a case that the system needs bleeding after the calliper change and they haven't done it?

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
yep. probably didnt bleed it properly. I would say the brakes need bedding in but if they only did the rears then that wouldnt be the case.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Airlocked? If its not pissed fluid anywhere just bleed it out and it'll be fine surely?

Clio 182 Trophy
They said to drive it home and if I wasn't happy with it (which I'm not) to take it back tomorrow. So I'll get them to bleed the system.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Sounds like they've got air in the ABS module. They'll have fun bleeding that!

How have you come to that conclusion?

its probably just a small air lock in the new caliper. It took me 2 or 3 attempts to get a decent pedal after rebuilding my brembos.

Clio 182 Trophy
News from the garage today is the master cylinder is leaking and the seal has flipped inside it (whatever that means) and the bleed nipple on the other rear calliper is goosed so it can't be bled properly. So a new master cylinder and another rear calliper... Yippee!