ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Somethings rolling about inside dashboard when turning corners

extreme flamer
As above, somethings rolling around inside my dashboard when I turn corners and its really annoying.
I've tried removing the top half of the dash and had a look around and can't see anything, poked a magnet in any openings/gaps and couldn't find anything.
Has anyone got any ideas where it could be rolling around? Don't want to remove half the dashboard to find it but I think I might need to do that!

To save making another thread as I searched and couldn't find anything, Does anyone know what kind of lamps are needed for behind the heater controls in a mk2 ph3 clio?

Cheers

CursedTitanium 182FF
Does it sound like it rolls far, i.e. the whole width of the dash or just a bit of it?

extreme flamer
Does it sound like it rolls far, i.e. the whole width of the dash or just a bit of it?

It sounds like it rolls the full width of the dashboard. It's really annoying I hear it when I turn most corners, it sounds like whatever it is rolls/slides then hits off something and I don't hear it till I turn another corner the opposite way from the first corner

extreme flamer
Is it deffo behind the dash & not something in the scuttle panel?

It definately sounds like its from inside the dashboard somewhere.
I've started thinking it must be something inside the heater vents somewhere because thats the only openings I can see on the dashboard where something could've fell inside, I'll try looking in the scuttle panel first though as I'd imagine that will be easier removed than half the dashboard.
Thanks

george 172,205,metro
have u tried driving your car with the dash top off so at least u can see?
also with the top off u should be able to hear more obviously where its coming from

extreme flamer
have u tried driving your car with the dash top off so at least u can see?
also with the top off u should be able to hear more obviously where its coming from

Haven't tried that yet, Might give that a go tomorrow and see if I find anything , cheers Jonny.

What do people use to remove the top 3 torx screws on the dashboard? I've had it off a few times using my ratchet with a torx bit on the end but it took ages to unscrew them/refit the dashboard because the windscreen makes it awkward, has anyone got any faster ways/better tools to use?

Arctic Blue 182 FF
A 1p coin slipped down my vent tried to catch it but missed, it made the same sounds you describe but after a couple of days i realised it wasnt making a noise, it must of got wedged somewhere as i havnt heard it for months,i know it dosnt help you but it may stop itself

extreme flamer
A 1p coin slipped down my vent tried to catch it but missed, it made the same sounds you describe but after a couple of days i realised it wasnt making a noise, it must of got wedged somewhere as i havnt heard it for months,i know it dosnt help you but it may stop itself

I've been hearing the same noise for weeks, maybe even months now.
That was my plan to start with, that it would get stuck somewhere and stop making the noise but now its just annoying me and I'm starting to wonder what it is thats rolling around, if its something important/I need, etc.

I used one of those screw drivers with the swappable bits to undo the top of my dash, looked from the outside to line them up. A bit of pressure and done, it's not that much of an angle either so you normally get a good grip on the screw.