ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sonos around the house

Rav4
Hi,

Some of you have Sonos equipment, just wondering how you are getting on with it?

The sonos sound bar looks great, but by the time you add a sub, it's £1100 +, for that, I could have an amazing surround sound and spare money.

To me, Sonos is a bit like Apple in regards to the usability and ease of setting it up, do you think the premium for them is worthwhile?

Thanks,

G.

(looking to use two aspects, surround sound for films, then maybe a couple of speakers in the dinning room then kitchen.)

I have a system and love it. Have the one in the kitchen, one in the lounge, and one in my room. I can play songs saved in my iPhone memory anywhere in the house and as long as my laptop is turned on I can access all the songs on there too (I only have a few albums on phone). Great piece of kit tbh!!

SQ5
We install it, not heard the sound bar yet but the sub is good.

But like you say a low end B&W subwoofer is cheaper and it'll be better.

I would only use Sonos for multi room audio not the sound bar, then just use a Connect into your AVR

It's a great system, I absolutely love ours. We have a Connect hooked up to our AV amp in the living room which drives our surround speakers and sub, a Connect upstairs in my guitar/man room playing through my old Kenwood 3020SE amp and Mission speakers and a Play 3 in the kitchen. The whole lot's run from our iPad and the music's stored on a NAS drive upstairs. It's so easy to use, great for when family and guests come over and works flawlessly. Yes, it's pricey, but we got all our kit second hand so should we ever sell it, we shouldn't loose much money.