ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony CDX-M850MP install pics

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Bloody hell .. when did it reach 23 degrees..

Oh and your install look sweet man.. looks almost factory, good choice.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ye question for you, if you dont have or cant buy an adapter for my make of HU does the temp and clock still remain ?

Im in Oxford!! Just started raining now and we have a massive hail/thunder storm yesterday!

TonyKL: The stalk controls are:
Top buttons: change source from CD -> Radio -> AUX - Both buttons do the same thing
Roller on back: Track up/down, preset station up/down etc
Volume buttons: Volume
Button on bottom: in Radio mode it changes the tuner type (Preset -> manual tune) and in CD mode it changes disc (if you have a changer) or changes album if you have an MP3 disc in.

The only thing the display doesnt show (which was a bit of a disapointment) is the name of the MP3 tracks - it just displays T-10 (Track 10) just the same as the factory unit does for CDs

_KDF: If you dont have the adaptor then you just get the time and temp on the display - just the same as if you have the radio switched off.

I hope Ive explained that clear enough :)

Thanks for that Rocko, Im about to put my old Sony head in with a new MP3 changer but need to work out which adapter to buy.

The guys at In Car Express were very helpful. I would imagine that the adapter I got would work for yours but itd be best to check with them first.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by rocko on 14 May 2003

_KDF: If you dont have the adaptor then you just get the time and temp on the display - just the same as if you have the radio switched off.

I hope Ive explained that clear enough :)
err.. my bit was pretty straight forward.. thx.. ;)

thats good news cause i dont think you can get an adaptor for kenwood stuff.

ok, thats my problem solved. im going to get a sony cassette dexk, with that adapter for stalk / dash. will that work.

will i need to get rid of my renault changer for a new one?

No you wouldnt - I used to have an RCA adapter in my old car before I had Pre-outs. Just run the wires from one of the rear speakers.

Just got reply from incarexpress and they say that the adapter they sell is in fact the Connects2 UK one and there is nothing different between the two however they feel that this one is more reliable.

996 Carrera

Rocko - cheers for the pics - looks brill in blue.

One question though - when youre playing an album folder in MP3 format, is there a gap between each track even though the album was continuous, e.g. any live CD or dance CD?

Pity about the ID3 tag not displaying.

Cheers,

G

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=5&TopicID=32826&SearchPagePosition=1&search=carldickinson&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchhttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=5&TopicID=32826&SearchPagePosition=1&search=carldickinson&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

For all the info on keeping the display and stalk.

As for gaps its about 2/3 seconds on my CDX-MP40 but might be better on the higher model sonys.

TonyKL: i would go for it mate, nothing to lose, can add an MP3 changer but i dont even think the HU display will say the ID3 tag, like the display, T 1 etc.

"The only thing the display doesnt show (which was a bit of a disapointment) is the name of the MP3 tracks - it just displays T-10 (Track 10) just the same as the factory unit does for CDs" when you change trac does the display change as well? Mine doesnt. It displays CD Text & MD Text but no ID3 Text :(

Carl.

Monkey: Yeah, theres still a gap between tracks - I guyss because theyre not tracks, theyre files. You would have to have the entire CD as one mp3 track for it to be continuous.

Carl: Yeah, thats right, the track number doesnt change, it stays at T-1 (or whatever track is playing when the ignition is swiched on, so sometimes it displays T-87. And yeah, mine displays the CD Text too.

Im going to wait until RIOT gets his Autolead adapter installed and find out about that, maybe identical but maybe is works better/worse.