ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sony Ericsson Satio 12mp phone. Thoughts?

Mini Cooper S sport
Has anyone bought one of these yet?

I'm kind of considering it.

I'm well aware that lots of megapixels just means giant photos, but from what I've read Sony have produced a very capable camera phone.

I also know the OS isn't the best and the screen is resistive rather than capacitative like the iPhone, but hmmmm.

I really liked my k850i and I'd like to go back to SE.

a burnt one
Have only read one review which was bad, SE seem to place more emphasis on the quality of their camera's than the phone these days.

The OS is dated, and while it works well it's no longer up there with other models.

Camera functions are all well and good and i was always a SE fanboy then one day i realised that i don't actually use the camera function on a mobile, other than the first week of playing around with it.

I don't think Sony have put enough thought into the operating system. It runs the same symbian S60 5th edition as the nokia 5800, and tbh, I think Nokia have the better phone!

The camera may be great, but that's pointless when you hate using the phone. I actually really like SE, and love the A200 firmware (don't ask me why) and if it wasn't always messing up, I would have one.

I think it's a fail for SE with the Satio, and I presume they are going to go the way of motorola soon.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a cracking piece of kit imo, really really caught my eye this one.

Not sure I would have it over a blackberry or iphone but different phones for different uses.

Mini Cooper S sport
Junk.

Android X3 (rachael) will be good, get that.

Funny you should say that, after posting this topic I was looking at the X3, and it seems to do everything I want and looks great. Excellent OS, screen and camera.

Think I'll wait for it, I don't want to regret tying myself into a 18/24-month contract for a phone which'll be BADLY out of date very quickly.

I just hope I don't have to wait 6 months for the X3.

Would take some serious convincing for me to want another SE after the K800i and K850i's I had. Would have been nice if either had managed to go a day without a minimum of 30 kernel panics/freezes and reboots.

Monaco 53/468
My girlfriend has one, she came from a K850i and she just doesn't like the size etc of it, although it really isn't that big

Anyway its for sale if your interested. Literally been out of the box for about 2hrs charging then put away again

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My girlfriend has one, she came from a K850i and she just doesn't like the size etc of it, although it really isn't that big

Anyway its for sale if your interested. Literally been out of the box for about 2hrs charging then put away again
You like skittles?

Mini Cooper S sport

Yeah I know .. but I got confused :dapprove:.

Do you know when it's actually going to be on sale?

Thank you but I'm going to go for the X3/Rachael/X10/whatever they're calling it.

My other halfs sister has it, and I found it really disappointing! It feels quite cheap in the hand and its fairly big too. The touch interface is ok, but nothing like as good as my LG Arena or the iphone. Its full of bugs, but as per SE, most of these should get sorted with firmware updates.

Its by no means horrible, but for what is meant to be one of there top end handsets I feel it fails to deliver.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh I have no idea why people get excited by a 12mp phone really, as ALL cameras on phones have fairly awful lenses, which is what really counts. The amount of megapixels is largely irrelevant, anything over 2mp set on a decent camera would do the job for most purposes. If you are seriously into taking photos - buy a dedicated camera!

Megane Mk4
I've got one, seems to be a pretty decent phone up to press, my only grumble with it is the menu speed seems a little slow. Compared to my last mobile (k800i) it takes some getting used to too.

I was going to order one of these today but it was out of stock. May be a good thing seeing as most people say its pants.

Perhaps I should just go for the W995 and save £10 a month on my contract!

Clio 182
satio has been recalled by sony, software issues me thinks as they have also taken the aino off aswell...bad times for sony. htc all the way

Tried using it again at the weekend, the touch screen is rubbish compared to HTC and Apple. But why put a resistive touch screen on one of your flag ship models??!

1.2 16v Dynamique
My cousin's Missus works for Orange and she said avoid it like the plague, the software is rubbish with them being prone to freezing and crashing and being very slow, they are getting loads returned to them.

Apparently Carphone Warehouse and Phones 4 U have withdrawn them from sale until the issues are sorted...