ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sooo... I want a 182

I'm 19, have 2 years ncd and pay £695 on a 1.2 dynamique and aviva DECLINE my insurance on a 182 :| haha

That’s because you have to be 25 with Aviva to drive a Renault sport Clio (Well any car that meets a certain performance category)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm 21 and just had my renewal come through from admiral. Now I have 2 years NCB it's dropped from 205 a month to 119. So I'm happy. Cheapest I found on Internet was 1017 paid upfront, but I can't afford to do that :(
I'm happy though nearly 100 pound drop a month ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
It's completely pointless conparing quotes with each other as you all individually bring a different risk to the insurer.

HTH.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I agree totally. Just thought I would pop mine up as everyone else was.
My opinion on these situations is to just wait like most people do. Until you turn 20-21 when insurance drops a little and you have more NCB. I kept my 1.2 Clio for four years purely for the fact I knew I wanted an RS at the end of it. So I just waited. It soon comes round too.

So I would wait mate another couple of years and then get one. It's totally up to you though. :)

renault clio 182
That's not true... lol. Everything in car insurance can be backed up by multiple sets of statistics which will justify your high premium.

Not really my insurance went down when I changed it from a newly built up area with no crime rate and parked in a garage too a area with higher crime rate and where multiple cars had been set on fire and stolen in the last 2years and parked on street so care too explain how that makes sense.... it doesn't they make it up as goes along in my opinion

Clio 182
Same that's why mine is parked on the road. Parents as named drivers with a total excess of £500 through admiral. Grade A postcode.

Edit: paying annually was also important in lowering my cost.

How old are you etc? And what do you pay?

Trophy #387
Not really my insurance went down when I changed it from a newly built up area with no crime rate and parked in a garage too a area with higher crime rate and where multiple cars had been set on fire and stolen in the last 2years and parked on street so care too explain how that makes sense.... it doesn't they make it up as goes along in my opinion

You've probably moved into an area which has performed very well for your particular insurer, and the newly built area might have looked like a nicer place but it might have just unfortunately have been a very badly performing area.

Insurers generally don't rate on general statistics, they rate on statistics specific to their customers.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
That’s because you have to be 25 with Aviva to drive a Renault sport Clio (Well any car that meets a certain performance category)

I have my RB on Aviva company insurance and I'm under 25 so don't know if that's exactly true.