ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sooooo angry with mytyres.com

182cup/D40/Hornet
After f**king on for 2 weeks deciding on which tyres to buy I had finally made a decision,came to purchase tyres tonight and the price of the tyres I wanted has went up by £6 each since last night!
Sent them a complaint though as I'm f**king livid!

To Whom It May Concern
Had been looking at purchasing 4 Vredestein SPORTRAC 2 tyres from yourselves which were £44.20 ish at the beginning of the week,then last night they were £44.50 but when I have came to purchase them tonight I see you have bumped the price upto £50.80 each a price increase of over £6 per tyre in less than a week,I’m extremely disappointed and will have to re-think/re-evalute which tyres to purchase as I’m working on a budget.
Many Thanks for making this decision more difficult than it should have been.

Name and address supplied

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Re: Sooooo f**king angry with mytyres.com

hmmmm well you snooze , you lose?

not as if they were ordered, then half way through they bumped up the price?

182cup/D40/Hornet

Like I was saying on a earlier thread I'll be getting rid of the car in the next couple of months so it's stupid imo spending £250 on tyres,could have got some hankooks for £30 each missed out on them,then some barums for £35 each decided to go for these at £45 each tehn now £51 each:(

182cup/D40/Hornet

Fuckit and f**k them I'll go and get some part worns from a lad I know tomorrow
Arseholes

So you'd complain and want to send them the original money if the price went down as you went to order them?

;)

Market forces, that's all! :)

In that case shouldn't tyres be £1 2s 3d or something, because it seems companies aren't allowed to increase prices anymore. I can't see what your complaint is tbh, so what if they put their prices up, they're perfectly allowed to do so, just because you took so long to decide is not their fault. I hope they're laughing at your comment, I know I do at the stupid crap we get on client websites.

182cup/D40/Hornet

£6 in 24 hrs seems abit rich though anyway don't care as I ain't buying them I'm going to spend the money I'm saving on beer tonight!
I know where your coming with regard to the price going down but that very rarely happens prices always go up ;)

182cup/D40/Hornet

tbh mate don't give a f**k if they are laughing at my 'comment' as it's cost me nowt and perhaps its cheered them up coz they'll be sitting at work while I'm getting ready to go out

gt_gaz said:
hmmmm well you snooze , you lose?

Couldn't of put that any better myself.....stop being a pauper and buy the tyres for £6 more, jeez some people on this site must be on the breadline or something LOL

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

bartebk said:
...it's stupid imo spending £250 on tyres...could have got some hankooks for £30 each missed out on them,then some barums for £35 each...

If that's your approach to purchasing the four most important bits of rubber in your life that are the only thing keeping you out of a ditch every time you drive, you are probably better off without the 182.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3

They put their prices up. That's what companies do. They have to make money.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

welcome to the real world. Hardly a big deal!

cock mobile.
Are you sure you didn't select 4 tyres in the first place and then 2 the next time around, that can affect the price.

If you aren't happy with the price, take your business elsewhere.

PS. I've never even heard of that tyre.

clarkiev6 said:
they should still stand by their price..if thats what has been quoted.

As its online, the price quoted only has to be stood by if the quote is saved, and the price will be valid for a set time frame. From memory you cant save quotes on mytyres therefore they could advertise tyres at £1 each now, and tomorrow put them up to £100 each and theres nout you can do, unless you have ordered!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
My F1's in 195/45/16 went up a fiver each within a week but went back to normal a couple of days later.

Ordered them last weekend and had them delivered yesterday. Suprised I got them at all as they put the first 2 lines of work address and town/postcode of my home address on the delivery label.

Getting them fitted this afternoon for £5 a corner. So worked out less than £55 a corner fitted compared to quotes locally of £100 a corner fitted.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
i'm like sooooo angry with my sister she has snapped the head off my favourite action figure turbo man

V6 Exige, GTR R35
i bought some from them - a few days later they'd dropped £10 a tyre!

such is life matey

Monaco Blue 172

MarkCup said:
If that's your approach to purchasing the four most important bits of rubber in your life that are the only thing keeping you out of a ditch every time you drive, you are probably better off without the 182.
werd!

luck of the draw really. i think their prices are a lot to do with variation in stock levels, demand etc. as with any business really! they have to keep the stock rolling after all. similar thing happened when i bought my f1's recently. didnt stop me buying them tho, even after fitting i still saved >£20 per corner.

Not a Clio anymore.....
Vredestein tyres are excellent, especially the Sportrac. Well priced and fantastic in UK 'winter' conditions, great choice mate.

But you can't compain about a price hike before you make the purchase. If they did that after you ordered them fair enough, prices go up but they can also go down.

Personally I've found in almost all my tyre choices that mytyres are over priced compared to what I can get through local garages. I've had a set of Hankooks and Toyos fitted for between 10-20% less than what they were charging just for the tyre. If you're not happy then don't use them, and support the local economy!! :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  GTi 7.5 pp/Mx5 nd2
im hoping that this company (www.mytyres.co.uk) are good?
i just got a pirelli drago (not very exciting i know but needed urgently!) for £34. i ordered it this mornin and got email sayin will be dispatched on friday. u reckon i get the tyre for saturday so can put my new rims on?!?!

182 Full Fat
Mytyres are great, they just change there prices every week. Probably to reflect exchange rate changes!! Still cheap tho!

Turbos.
Lol @ this thread...what do you expect!

Black Circles are UK based and have far better customer service, but they are a tad pricier. Although if you order of them you tend to get a voucher for next time to make up for it.