ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Soundproofing

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
Hi so I have been looking around for some soundproofing and would like your opinions if possible.

I have a large sub in the car and I have noticed a few rattles on the exterior side trims and considering investing in some soundproofing

I am not entirely spilling with coin so I was looking at a cheap but effective way I have seen some soundproofing on ebay such as this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RATTLEMATT-x-20-SHEETS-Car-Audio-Sound-Deadening-Proofing-Sheets-Pads-Panels-/300894542405?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item460eb65a45

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
it was enough to do my boot floor and double up in a few places

that stuff above from ebay is only 4m long all together, screwfix is 10m

1.2 16v clio
it was enough to do my boot floor and double up in a few places

that stuff above from ebay is only 4m long all together, screwfix is 10m

they sell one that is 22.5cm wide by 10 meters that would probs be better then the 10cm version

I was going to make a new thread about vibrations, might as well jack yours.

Going to buy pressed plates but worrying about number plate vibrations etc. Im using a sub but its not been installed in my clio yet.

Do these sheets work best?

1.2 16v clio
I was going to make a new thread about vibrations, might as well jack yours.

Going to buy pressed plates but worrying about number plate vibrations etc. Im using a sub but its not been installed in my clio yet.

Do these sheets work best?

sound deadening does help with road noise and vibrations but your numberplate wont help atall what i done was tiger sealed mine on lol you dont have to do that just get some more number plate tabs and stick them around and in the middle of the plate you should be fine

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
So I have ordered those rattlemats for £8. I am going to go down to Screwfix tomorrow and get some Flashing Tape and do a comparison video and post it here so people can see the results

1.2 16v clio
that case you will need some silent coat for the comparison video i have a feeling the rattle matt and obviously the flashing tape is the same stuff

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
that case you will need some silent coat for the comparison video i have a feeling the rattle matt and obviously the flashing tape is the same stuff
Yeah they sent the rattle matt and all they have done is gone screwfix and chopped it into segments and claimed its a NEW product on the market so I asked for a refund and said Im keeping the product so they did for falsely advertising a fake product as a NEW one lol. But I have had a MASSIVE improvement with just the flashing tape I will take a few pictures and a video tomorrow. I done the rear wheel wells, in the boot the spare wheel bucket, the boot door and plastic trim on the boot door, both rear side panels and under the rear seats oh and the plastic trim on the exterior =) I tried to undo the front doors and it was tricky and ended up slicing my finger so left them alone lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So that flashing tape actually works? I'm loking into some proper sound deadining but that dynamat stuff is fortunes.

The flashing tape just looks quite thin etc. I'm looking for it to work properly. Good price for so much though.

1.2 16v clio
well if you need a hand with removing the door cards let me know since it seems you live in the same area as me

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
well if you need a hand with removing the door cards let me know since it seems you live in the same area as me

Yeah mate most likely next month however nothing in the front seems to rattle I will do it for the full effect anyway. Plus I have the roof to do too. Going to get some projector lights and new grille next month before CSS

So that flashing tape actually works? I'm loking into some proper sound deadining but that dynamat stuff is fortunes.

The flashing tape just looks quite thin etc. I'm looking for it to work properly. Good price for so much though.

I thought that at first I was like ahh this stuff is not going to do nothing but as me and my pal were sticking it down, I gave the exterior rear panels a knock and they sounded much 'fuller' ? was less echo in the tapping and reduced the hollow sound. I have done the boot with 2 layers around the boot door and side wheel wells. I had used 2 large rolls from Screwfix going to buy another 2 later on its about £15 a roll and for £30 it makes a very noticeable difference. EDIT: It don't smell either. Hot weather does not make it smell too.

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
:S i think my car will shock you as on mine all you hear is thump lol
LOL well considering I got so much done for £30 for a mid range sub and system this does the job nicely for everyday use and on par with some things out there. You going to CSS? The convoy at lakeside?

1.2 16v clio
LOL well considering I got so much done for £30 for a mid range sub and system this does the job nicely for everyday use and on par with some things out there. You going to CSS? The convoy at lakeside?

i dont know what css is mate and if its a clio club meet i defo wont be liked lol

Polo + Micra
i used dynamat extreme in my clio and it was expensive it was very good

only needed 1 layer tops for my mild-ish install

My front door cards are the only thing that rattles, should I do the inner skin only or could I get away with only doing the areas where the card contacts the door?

1.2 16v clio
My front door cards are the only thing that rattles, should I do the inner skin only or could I get away with only doing the areas where the card contacts the door?

try using the closed cell foam that should reduce the rattles of trim panels

ITB BG 182
Hold on, your buying sound deadening to stop exterior trim panels from rattling?

Take the trim panel off and put some draft excluder on the inside (sticky backed foam tape) then put the panel back on.

You dont need to go gun ho on covering every panel to stop the rattles. Sound deadening does not need 50% or more to stop the panel, sound proofing does though but then its cheaper to use cloud9 matting to do the same job.

I bionic is running big power but he will need more coverage for that, I am running a 1200RMS sub and it runs fine without total coverage.

1.2 16v clio
Hold on, your buying sound deadening to stop exterior trim panels from rattling?

Take the trim panel off and put some draft excluder on the inside (sticky backed foam tape) then put the panel back on.

You dont need to go gun ho on covering every panel to stop the rattles. Sound deadening does not need 50% or more to stop the panel, sound proofing does though but then its cheaper to use cloud9 matting to do the same job.

I bionic is running big power but he will need more coverage for that, I am running a 1200RMS sub and it runs fine without total coverage.

i wish 50% would help but not even 100% coverage helps :( very expensive hobby but i still get a grin when i see the shock on peoples faces when they hear the car and feel it go past them

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
i wish 50% would help but not even 100% coverage helps :( very expensive hobby but i still get a grin when i see the shock on peoples faces when they hear the car and feel it go past them

LOL this is what I get when sitting at traffic lights. I have noticed a massive improvement in using that deadening, the bass sounds much richer. I used the flashing tape as it was handy and available without wait and it has worked so.

Bionic come mate will be a laugh =) only £7 and petrol there.