ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sounds like im driving a fish tank!! mk1

Didnt drive my car fora week during the couple of days when it snowed,

got in the car the other day for the first time, brakes were very very poor, (after pumping them a few times did improve a tad) and when i stopped i could hear A SWILL of WATER on the drivers side sounding like it was rushing past my door...?!?!?!?!?

WTF?!

I can only assume that when the snow melted its melted into my car somewhere but where!!! its really anoying as its badly effecting the way my car handles and stops! please help!!

if thats true- how do i get it out?

if it has come from the sunroof ? then how is it sounding like its going past my drivers door?

ive got some pre frozen fish in the freezer? would tha work?

car cover? -whats that? do u mean a big plastic sheet to go over the whole car?

BMW 328 Ci

the water has to go from the roof to the outlet which is at the join between the bonnet and front quater panel. I think anyway

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by dj_sonic_uk on 03 February 2004

ive got some pre frozen fish in the freezer? would tha work?

car cover? -whats that? do u mean a big plastic sheet to go over the whole car?
Yes one of those big proper car covers. You see them on peoples drives outside their garages that are too full of junk to put the car in.

BMW 328 Ci

Dunno, just undo the sunroof and make sure theres no gunk in the bits where the water runs. I normally goes for me after about 2 minutes

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Not fuel tank is it. Ive only jut started to notice that and never did before. Probably because sometimes I drive without music on (get to hear the rattles too) and also leather seats may do something different to the acoustics inside the car.

na matty cant be the fuel tank cos it was practically empty and it sounded like a lot of water- still sounded the same when i filled it up... as well

hopefully its gonna drain itself......

Sure its not Sills? The hole can get blocked I think so it dont drain away. I get it from time to time.. kinda weird.

You accelerate and its like water is somewhere swirling about, and thats what someone told me it was.