ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sounds Set Up

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Hello ppl i' v been doin a search on car audio and most of u guys dont reccomend 6*9's on the rear shelf when you have a sub, so i'v taken my back shelf out and invested in a new shelf coz i had 6*9's on my current one. I am looking to upgrade my front speakers, just need some opinions on what will be a easy swap, and how to power them, i'v got about £50 to spend on speakers,my sony head unit pushes out 52*4, so does this mean i have to have four speakers hooked up to the head unit, or can i amp the 4 out puts from the head unit to just the front 2 speakers.

Cheers Guys

J

jamesy

for the best staging and imaging you should run 6x9s up back unless your subs face upwards;)

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
52x4 means the HU can run 4 channels (Fronts L/R and Rears L/R) at 52W peak power. The RMS (continuous power) is more important and will probably be about 20W.

Unless you plan to amp up the front speakers, any you buy will just be a straight swap for the ones you have - Job done.

You just need to choose between co-axials or components (seperate tweeter + speaker with a crossover to seperate high/low frequencies).

For £50 you could get a half-decent pair of coaxials or a cheap set of components. If you are willing to buy second hand then you could get a good set of either.

P.S. I don't believe you can power just the fronts off all four channels of a head-unit.

R26 230
you cant use all four channels to power just the front but no point anyway, 52w from head unit is good enough only notice a real difference if you amp your speakers, ure lookin for 15cm mids for both the fron and rear i currently ave jbl, have had sony and pioneer but jbl sound the best and are the cheapest can defo get front mids for £50

Nas

Eunos Roadster
cheers guys, on my head unit it has options for fading to the rear/front so i guess i will lose this feature, and do u guys kno wot the standard output is on the renault speakers?

Also do you think its worth gettin a set of speakrs for the rear quarter panels, as a set of mids, cheers..

Nas

Eunos Roadster
cheers guys, on my head unit it has options for fading to the rear/front so i guess i will lose this feature, and do u guys kno wot the standard output is on the renault speakers?

Also do you think its worth gettin a set of speakrs for the rear quarter panels, as a set of mids, cheers..

R26 230
yep defo get it done jbls are 30-40 quid me tinks so aint gonna cost too much to put some mroe in back and same size they are

Polo + Micra
to any one with an alpine with a 3-way switch on can run one set of comps from all 4 channels