ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SOUTH WALES driving meet!!! (pic heavy)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Really enjoyed today nice to have some people to dable with. Really frendlly bunch you lot fair play.

Really gutted my turbo let go tho, it littrelly went yesterday after i fitted the de-cat and head gasket.
(New VXR unit soon)
Nice cars by the way lads really coulourfull. Shame i left a layer of oil on um 4 you.
This is what happened last time i went up there!!

01012008240.gif

F_UCKIN POSER:rolleyes:

Vauxhall Astra turbo
Really enjoyed today nice to have some people to dable with. Really frendlly bunch you lot fair play.

Really gutted my turbo let go tho, it littrelly went yesterday after i fitted the de-cat and head gasket.
(New VXR unit soon)
Nice cars by the way lads really coulourfull. Shame i left a layer of oil on um 4 you.
This is what happened last time i went up there!!

01012008240.gif

F_UCKIN POSER:rolleyes:

NOW NOW

or i'll smoke you again!!

C

clvs2222

hiya guys, thanx for the comments. me and the mrs really enjoyed. its going to be a new place for a quick spin. (not litterally a spin though, as what nearly happened today, init garry?!? :rasp: )

pix to be uploaded asap

big hi five to ricky, who managed to keep up and DAJONES who's got a 1.2! obviously them roads you can carry alot of speed through each one, so is more about the cars handling and how good the driver is.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
hiya guys, thanx for the comments. me and the mrs really enjoyed. its going to be a new place for a quick spin. (not litterally a spin though, as what nearly happened today, init garry?!? :rasp: )

pix to be uploaded asap

big hi five to ricky, who managed to keep up and DAJONES who's got a 1.2! obviously them roads you can carry alot of speed through each one, so is more about the cars handling and how good the driver is.

You were very lucky today mate, that could have been a big off:nono: get some ballast in the back of your motor

is dirty.

pix to be uploaded asap

Yeah the scenery was awesome, really loved the drive. Think everyone enjoyed it to be honest. Oh yeah what happened with you then? Going too fast were you..? ;) Get your pictures uppp!!

Vauxhall Astra turbo

Agree with you there, i lost a load of sooped up cars over there in my corsa 1.2. It's all about the setup and driver. Great day mate shall tag along again if you don't mind.

C

clvs2222

Agree with you there, i lost a load of sooped up cars over there in my corsa 1.2. It's all about the setup and driver. Great day mate shall tag along again if you don't mind.

Glad you agree there mate, think thats y i was keeping up with the guys on the bikes. they were pullin away from me on the straights but coudlnt carry there speed in the corners.

C

clvs2222

Yeah the scenery was awesome, really loved the drive. Think everyone enjoyed it to be honest. Oh yeah what happened with you then? Going too fast were you..? ;) Get your pictures uppp!!

good good, really chuffed it all went well

:eek: yeah, nearly binned it! lol. was carrying alot of forward momentum (60mph/ish) going into a sweeping left hander, garry was pushing hard, went out wide to cut in but it didnt grip in, touched the brake slightly:eek: nad brung the back end around. was shaking like a fuker after that. lol

is dirty.

:eek: yeah, nearly binned it! lol. was carrying alot of forward momentum (60mph/ish) going into a sweeping left hander, garry was pushing hard, went out wide to cut in but it didnt grip in, touched the brake slightly:eek: nad brung the back end around. was shaking like a fuker after that. lol

Well at least your okay! They are awesome roads though fair play. As Guppy said, will have to try arrange one closer to him next time, but try and get some scenic open roads on route like today. Where are these pictures? :rasp:

C

clvs2222

The 138 is for motorways only, handles like a turd, i averaged 30.1mpg today.

I averaged 35.8, not too bad. Could have been so much better though! :dapprove:

wtf guys, when we got to MCD's, i averaged, 35.1. so how the hell did you manage that rick?

goes to show you were pushing hard garry. up my arse constantly ;)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

it looked f-------g awsome from behind;)

is dirty.
I averaged 35.8, not too bad. Could have been so much better though! :dapprove:

wtf guys, when we got to MCD's, i averaged, 35.1. so how the hell did you manage that rick?

goes to show you were pushing hard garry. up my arse constantly ;)

I was on throttle a lot more than everyone else because I needed lower gears than everyone else for the hills going back up, plus I was trying to keep up with everyone on the straights. Didn't bother me too much, was expecting it to be more like 30mpg!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It's a sad day when oil prices have caused the threads after driving meets to become MPG comparisons heh!

C

clvs2222

it looked f-------g awsome from behind;)

I bet it did mate! liked that did you?

a few "locals" will have to do it again soon, up for it?

i need a few things first though;
New tyres
coilies
new disks and pads

then ill have the grip i didnt have today.

Glad I didnt have the megane when it comes to the mpg - the needle hardly moved in the 106 and I gave it as much as I could really

clvs - pity I missed that bit of action - sounded like a good one to watch although the rear of mine was all over the place on that last run we did from the ice cream van

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It's a sad day when oil prices have caused the threads after driving meets to become MPG comparisons heh!

I agree , the red R27 did 22mpg

Hehehe awesome! Shame there was no one there with a Vee really. 22mpg was just my normal average - I bet you'd have been looking at sub 15mpg easy.

Dan

is dirty.
Some awesome pictures there mate. What a coincidence it was seeing that other racing blue 182 up there. I thought we were meant to meet him up there!

Goliath I
Well I never went up with you guys to the mountains and didn't realise there was a meet there, so I thought it would have been a bit of a coincidence seeing one other sport up there but about 15 of you!

I can tell you I was little shocked, as was my mrs and boy who Id taken up for a spin.

Sadly I couldn't follow as the mrs is a bit of nervous passenger and had the little in the back :( .

Looked like a good day though, will defo be keeping my out for the next one :approve:

here are couple of pics I took of my own though...

blackmountainsv2.jpg

blackmountains1.jpg

blackmountains4.jpg

blackmountains3.jpg

is dirty.
Nice pictures mate, how weird how I had only just commented above you saying it was a coincidence we seen another racing blue 182! Yeah get along to the next one.

Goliath I
Nice pictures mate, how weird how I had only just commented above you saying it was a coincidence we seen another racing blue 182! Yeah get along to the next one.

Funny thing was Id actually left to go up the mountains about 12ish and got lost, I ended up going towards Brecon, through the forest and round again:eek:

awesome day for it, shame I never really look in the meet section of the websit.

Cheers for the two who came over, one being gtlew, not sure who the other was. Felt a bit awkward really and was able to prove to the mrs that I didn't actually know you were all going to be there and that I hadn't planned it the whole time

C

clvs2222

Funny thing was Id actually left to go up the mountains about 12ish and got lost, I ended up going towards Brecon, through the forest and round again:eek:

awesome day for it, shame I never really look in the meet section of the websit.

Cheers for the two who came over, one being gtlew, not sure who the other was. Felt a bit awkward really and was able to prove to the mrs that I didn't actually know you were all going to be there and that I hadn't planned it the whole time

that was me:D your face was pricless when we all turned up. like you'd died an gone to heaven. lol

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

Nice to meet you Andy.
Gary

C

clvs2222

As promised, not as good as i had wished they'd b. soz

HRH_RICKY's REP
SL370947.jpg

Clio 197 F1 R27
whos is the type r? what are them things like to drive?
looks an awesome meet

That was my mate :rasp:

Was an awesome drive, Sh*t hot route you taken us on clvs2222. Some hairy moments along the way but with you guys who know the roads made it fun and an enjoyable experience. Really nice to open up the R27 on the back roads, Couldn`t stop smiling :)

LY182/NHB CTR
Well done clvs2222 I recognise those roads and photo stops ;)

Andy and I would have come along however sadly I have chickenpox so I'm confined to the house.

Great to see a good mix of cars, on a South Wales Clio Sport meet.