ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South Wales Mini Meet

We decided on Saturday night to have a meet on Sunday so pretty short notice - met up with Pete (blue 182) in cardiff services then went up to Blackwood - if anyone has ever got there quicker I would be impressed! Was a good test for the R26 which seems to be getting better and better which is nice!

Anwyay met up with another 2 cars/members in Blackwood McDonalds - hung around for half and hour chatting and taking the piss out of the local boy/girl racers! some dodgy cars up there lol!

Then decided to go for a blast up to Tredegar then over the mountains to Merthyr - great roads! We were shifting at times - the black 182 was absolutely flyin as drives the same road to work everyday - left us all behind a bit!

Danogtt had to leave a bit early so didnt get a chace to take any pics of his car but here is what we did get

CIMG1571.jpg

CIMG1573.jpg

CIMG1575.jpg

CIMG1578.jpg

CIMG1576.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY182/NHB CTR
shame Sharkyuk and I didnt know we would have hooked up with you folks.. although you would have had to of slowed down and wanted for me in my CTR lol

I did try contacting you yesterday Evandim - put a post on your other thread - sorry should have pm'd you.

As we left Caerphilly I thought - ummm should have stopped and picked Rich up - sorry mate!

Audi TT 225
Think a cardiff meet would be good soon Mr Area rep ;)

Actually in cardiff somewhere tho in case I need an AA truck lol
How many tanks of petrol did you use getting to merthyr tim hahahahah?

half a tank!! put £20 in before we left and needle was back where it started when we got back - not bad £20 gone in about 50 miles lol

was fun though!

Audi TT 225
Yeah just waiting for those HT leads now, they said they would be arriving today but nothings come in the post :(

If all else fails Im gonna cut a hole in the floor and go flintstones stylee.... yabba dabba doo!

ITB'd 182...
glad you all got home ok.
tim-i drive that road about once a week, if that :eek: i just dont like to hang around in the twisties. like to get the most out of the clio.
thanks for posting the pics up. glad i have actually got one of my car:D

ITB'd 182...
this meet was put together over night basically so thats the reason many missed it :dapprove:
porky-what colour clio you got? mite have seen it as im working on the porth bypass atm

ITB'd 182...
yeah. costain's are so fcukin slow its unreal!!! company i work for will be there till after christmas i expect :eek:
plenty of overtime and money to splash on the 182

172 semi skimed cup
where to on the bypass are you working i will give it some stick next time i pass

ITB'd 182...
up the top. on the big tip on the left. next to the big sweeping bend. wattstown is'nt it ???
going on hols on thursday so im only in for the next to days so you will have to be quick ;)

172 semi skimed cup
aye i know where you are on about days this week so you wont see me untill after 6 im up there alot lately.

clio 172, renault 5
sorry i went chaps, mates bottom end started rattlin big time. he wanted me to fix it outside his house in the dark, thought yeah no prob's!!!

LY182/NHB CTR
I did try contacting you yesterday Evandim - put a post on your other thread - sorry should have pm'd you.

As we left Caerphilly I thought - ummm should have stopped and picked Rich up - sorry mate!

Caerphilly I'll keep a look out for you :) you could have picked us up on the way too lol

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Haha know that road well! lol. Would of made my day if i'd been popping to asda's and seen those 3 in car park! :) Let me know next time you have a meet!
Do any of you know the road over to hirwaun from A470 on way to brecon from merthyr? Then after hirwaun you can take a road to treherbert. you can see it on this map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.755515,-3.476486&spn=0.206997,0.462799&z=11&om=1

(orange road straight down middle of screen from top to bottom)

If you've never driven these two roads i seriously recommend them, my favourite local roads!

Last edited:
  182 FF Artic Blue
Then decided to go for a blast up to Tredegar then over the mountains to Merthyr - great roads! We were shifting at times - the black 182 was absolutely flyin as drives the same road to work everyday - left us all behind a bit!

Lol...When i read that... i thought that has got to be Guppy.
Looks like you had a nice little meet. Hopefully my 182 will be on the road so i can come next time :)

172 semi skimed cup
Haha know that road well! lol. Would of made my day if i'd been popping to asda's and seen those 3 in car park! :) Let me know next time you have a meet!
Do any of you know the road over to hirwaun from A470 on way to brecon from merthyr? Then after hirwaun you can take a road to treherbert. you can see it on this map:

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.755515,-3.476486&spn=0.206997,0.462799&z=11&om=1

(orange road straight down middle of screen from top to bottom)

If you've never driven these two roads i seriously recommend them, my favourite local roads!
the road to treherbat is called the ricos. great road im up there all the time

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Aye thats it! Annoying if you get stuck behind cars though! I pull over and wait. If its been a while since a car past i'll pull out when i see next one coming. Then you have a nice long traffic free run till you catch up and get stuck behind something again :)