ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West 2nd Rolling Road Day

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Media thread for the SWRRD2 :)

I stared off my day by running over a massive frozen animal (I think badger from the hairs?), I would have avoided it but I had a car right behind me and couldn't move back into the left lane (was on an overtaking strip), so opted to go over it dead centre! Was very happy to see it didn't crack the bumper, but by the sound sounds of it, it has pulled some heat shielding loose when passing under the car :( Rest of the day was brilliant. Thanks to danpl6 for listening to my engine and putting my mind at rest! :)

I haven't removed numberplates, if your fussy and want them blanked on your car, drop me a pm ;) here we go...

12s.jpg

13s.jpg

14s.jpg

@Danlp6 McGherkin
11s.jpg

10.jpg

VikkiB
9s.jpg

8s.jpg

7s.jpg

6s.jpg

5s.jpg

4s.jpg

3s.jpg

2s.jpg

1s.jpg

And some 3D shots :)

3d1.gif

l33th3tr33
3d2s.gif

3d3s.gif

3d4s.gif

Stopherson
3d5s.gif

Think Lee has some shots to come, not sure if anyone got pics/videos of the car on the rollers? (would like to hear how Dan's ran)!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
p.s my car is blood free again now. Hopefully it will stay clean a bit longer than 12hours this time!! lol.

Love these. Might have to invest in a number plate that says that for shows or maybe even do a private one.

Awesome day for it too, luckily didn't rain and I hope everybody has warm toes now! :D

Love these. Might have to invest in a number plate that says that for shows or maybe even do a private one.

Awesome day for it too, luckily didn't rain and I hope everybody has warm toes now! :D

I thought that was actually your plate for a minute there, I didn't really take any notice of it on the day!

Also, toes are finally Toasty! :)

I thought that was actually your plate for a minute there, I didn't really take any notice of it on the day!

Also, toes are finally Toasty! :)

Glad your all warmed up, I wasn't too bad apart from my feet! Bloody winter is here. Haha I wish, nah he's named Maverick from his plate.... But hopefully will be sprucing it all up.

That's the only thing that gets affected with me so mine were bitter! Ah I was wondering about the 'project maverick' thing on fb, it'll be a good little project and I'm sure it will turn out great!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Are those pics supposed to be GIF?

yes so they animate between the 2 frames to give the 3d effect. Nice pics btw. the tube/fish-eye effect done in post?

Tbh mine sounded awful IMO. Needs a proper exhaust rather than a ktec item.

Like the picture of @VikkiB 's especially!
James Bradbury has the video of mine (it's already on my Facebook!)

whats your facebook :p

That 207 is chomping at the bit:

lol yeah, told her to stay still for a minute but she didn't listen. There's another one with a blonde girl that when animated looks like she is humping the parking meter lol

yes so they animate between the 2 frames to give the 3d effect. Nice pics btw. the tube/fish-eye effect done in post?

whats your facebook :p

lol yeah, told her to stay still for a minute but she didn't listen. There's another one with a blonde girl that when animated looks like she is humping the parking meter lol

I've just added you ;)

That's the only thing that gets affected with me so mine were bitter! Ah I was wondering about the 'project maverick' thing on fb, it'll be a good little project and I'm sure it will turn out great!

i'm same always suffering from cold feet. Definitely a project, hopefully will be done in time for Bedford in February.

The Fatty I haven't seen 3d pics like that before so was wondering why they were moving lol. The fish eye is just a screw on type from amazon I think, I was using it at the end of the day for a few pics as I forgot I had it!

i'm same always suffering from cold feet. Definitely a project, hopefully will be done in time for Bedford in February.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's happening at Bedford?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
172 ph2 with matched inlets and a full exhaust. Though looking at his torque curve I suspect there is slightly more!

Ah, you think it might be cammed then I take it?

Personally I think the tipton rollers are slightly on the generous side, but it doesnt really matter if they read half a dozen bhp more than another rolling road when you are all there on the same day comparing as the same effect will happen on all cars.

I suspect if people who went to it go to for example a Dyno Dynamics though, they might get a bit lower figure.

Plus more importantly, no one there has beat my 308 yet ;)

Clio 172 turbo
The 193 was mine I don't think mine has cams or been mapped I'm abit confused with it really. This is the dyno reading I got.
unajazar.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
PS

People ARE quoting the CORRECTED figure yeah?

Like Dan's for example was measured at 275, but its the 267 that counts.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That is a monster of a figure, I dont really see how it can be "correct" (ie correct to me on the rollers im more used to) with that much power for that spec, just doesnt seem possible, so I can only assume that either its a generous reading for some reason or that your car has more done to it than you think.

How does it compare when you race a "normal" 172, as that much power difference would be relatively obvious I would think.

Not that it matters on the exact figures anyway, they only make sense compared like with like not versus another set of rollers, you got the highest N/A figure on the day, which is a cracking result, and no matter what rollers the same group of people went to im sure you would have done the same thing :)

The 193 was mine I don't think mine has cams or been mapped I'm abit confused with it really. This is the dyno reading I got.
unajazar.jpg

Clio 172 turbo
That is a monster of a figure, I dont really see how it can be "correct" (ie correct to me on the rollers im more used to) with that much power for that spec, just doesnt seem possible, so I can only assume that either its a generous reading for some reason or that your car has more done to it than you think.

How does it compare when you race a "normal" 172, as that much power difference would be relatively obvious I would think.

Not that it matters on the exact figures anyway, they only make sense compared like with like not versus another set of rollers, you got the highest N/A figure on the day, which is a cracking result, and no matter what rollers the same group of people went to im sure you would have done the same thing :)

I know what you mean I was shocked with the reading. The only things I'm aware of that it has is what I have done my self. I have had a little drag with my mates ph1 172 and I can pull away from him. I will have to try and get it upto a drag day. I'm looking at getting it mapped abit unsure where to tho I see rstuning have a garage in Somerset, but do they do maps there?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I know what you mean I was shocked with the reading. The only things I'm aware of that it has is what I have done my self. I have had a little drag with my mates ph1 172 and I can pull away from him. I will have to try and get it upto a drag day. I'm looking at getting it mapped abit unsure where to tho I see rstuning have a garage in Somerset, but do they do maps there?

What do you mean that RS Tuning have a garage in somerset?
They are in Leeds?

I'd get your map checked with a wideband first to decide if its worth paying money to have changed, as judging by your results being so good compared to the other 1*2 on the day I really cant see the map being anything far from perfect!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
FYI my TT only made 225/223 on the rollers which from what I gather on the TT forum is pretty much spot on for a TT "240"..lol

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I found a RR print out from my car exactly 4 years ago in the history and the car made near identical figures this time round.

Chip, how come the corrected figures differ so much between cars? For example, mine had a difference of 6bhp between the engine power and corrected power where as some others only had a 1bhp difference.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 turbo
What do you mean that RS Tuning have a garage in somerset?
They are in Leeds?

I'd get your map checked with a wideband first to decide if its worth paying money to have changed, as judging by your results being so good compared to the other 1*2 on the day I really cant see the map being anything far from perfect!

On the rstuning website it says dealers one is Leeds the other is
TADevelopments
Unit 4 Mead Lane Industrial PaRK
North Wootton
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 4HJ

Could you explain a little about what a wide band is please as I'm unsure as of what it is, Also where could I get it checked to?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I found a RR print out from my car exactly 4 years ago in the history and the car made near identical figures this time round.

Chip, how come the corrected figures differ so much between cars? For example, mine had a difference of 6bhp between the engine power and corrected power where as some others only had a 1bhp difference.

The correction takes into account the temperature of the run, and the pressure of the run, these will vary during the day, so its normal for some to be corrected by more than others.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
On the rstuning website it says dealers one is Leeds the other is
TADevelopments
Unit 4 Mead Lane Industrial PaRK
North Wootton
Shepton Mallet
Somerset
BA4 4HJ

Could you explain a little about what a wide band is please as I'm unsure as of what it is, Also where could I get it checked to?

Best bet is to ring RS Tuning and ask them the score, it may be that the garage in question has a setup where it allows Rs Tuning to map it remotely.

A wideband is the device used to monitor fuelling, on these cars at full throttle you want an air/fuel ratio of high 12s to one (ie 12.8:1 for example) if you already have that, there will be minimal gains from mapping it (map changes the ignition too but the gains are typically quite limited on a standard engine in this respect)