ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

South West 2nd Rolling Road Day

Clio 172 turbo
Best bet is to ring RS Tuning and ask them the score, it may be that the garage in question has a setup where it allows Rs Tuning to map it remotely.

A wideband is the device used to monitor fuelling, on these cars at full throttle you want an air/fuel ratio of high 12s to one (ie 12.8:1 for example) if you already have that, there will be minimal gains from mapping it (map changes the ignition too but the gains are typically quite limited on a standard engine in this respect)

Ok cheers will phone them up when I decide what I'm going to do with the car.

Yeh TAD is a good mate of mine, I'm not sure how much mapping he does now but he used to do it with rstuning remotely.

I'll be getting the equipment fairly soon to do mapping and map checking :)

The 193 was mine I don't think mine has cams or been mapped I'm abit confused with it really. This is the dyno reading I got.
unajazar.jpg

I've not seen a standard cam'd 172 hold 150lb-ft on a stock inlet over 6500!

Clio 172 turbo
Yeh TAD is a good mate of mine, I'm not sure how much mapping he does now but he used to do it with rstuning remotely.

I'll be getting the equipment fairly soon to do mapping and map checking :)

If your going to be doing it soon I will properly pop up and let you have a play with it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
FFS, I'll just give you my bank card and pin number next time I see you.

LOL!

I wish everyone would stop realising how awesome Dan is with these cars, he is meant to be popping up and giving me a hand with one of my cars soon (the turbo) and he's always too busy working.

I think I need to start some viscous rumour to try and lose him business, but I fear with how good his rep is now it wont get me anywhere :(