ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spacers on standard wheels.

172 Flamer
Done a search but cant find the answer im looking for.
Gonna get FK hub centric spacers for my 172 ph2 from venommotorsport but not sure on the best sizes front and rear.
Cars on standard wheels and soon to be on eibach sportlines. Any help would be great. Thanks.

e92 330i
20 front, 15 rear, search chippen on here, thats what he had on his flamer and looked spot on.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah check the other thread in this section. I've posted the links to the spacers that ch!ppen used.

I've just ordered 15mm all round. Was going to go for 15mm rear and 20mm front but want to be safe there'll be no rubbing on the fronts.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Depends how 'hard' you're going to drive it. I have Eibach 15mm spacers all round on mine, and use it as mainly a road car, with occasional track work. It can very slightly rub on tight corners on track, but never rubs on road unless you have a seriously heavy right foot around mini roundabouts. I wouldn't go with 20mm at the front, because i'd worry about it catching significantly on track. If you aren't going to track it, it should be fine. Mine is lowered on Bilsteins. As said though, Chippen ran 20mm on the front of his and didn't seem to have major problems. Here are some piccies of mine it if it helps you;

photo1.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo7.jpg

Last edited:
  172 Flamer
That was gonna be my next question bout rubbing. looked at chippens and all the flamers look spot on. Thanks

172 Flamer
The ebay spacers dont bolt directly to the hub like the Fks. This safe enough as heard some bad storys bout spacers.
Looked at the arches and only seems to be one spot where might get rubbing. Im sure this could be modified if need be.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
The rubbing comes from the metal bracket that is used for fixing the bumper. If you run your finger around the arch it 'sticks' out slightly, and that is the 'culprit' in terms of rubbing. Mine catches very, very, very rarely. Even on track.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The ebay spacers dont bolt directly to the hub like the Fks. This safe enough as heard some bad storys bout spacers.
Looked at the arches and only seems to be one spot where might get rubbing. Im sure this could be modified if need be.

They are hubcentric mate, which means they will need longer bolts (which come with the order). They have a lip around the centre bore which your wheel sits on, just like it does on the hub of the car itself. The bolts won't snap and they don't take any of the weight of the car. Unless you're going 30mm+, you'll struggle finding spacers that bolt directly to the hub.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
They are hubcentric mate, which means they will need longer bolts (which come with the order). They have a lip around the centre bore which your wheel sits on, just like it does on the hub of the car itself. The bolts won't snap and they don't take any of the weight of the car. Unless you're going 30mm+, you'll struggle finding spacers that bolt directly to the hub.

This.

172 Flamer
Yeah seen the bracket your talking about looks like could be modified if needed. Dont drive hard any way so should be fine. Be more worried about the wife LOL.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
You can always put a stud conversion on your hubs if you are not buying bolt of spacers.

This can make it a bit safer and stronger and also makes it a lot easier putting your wheels on!

Sam!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
These are the spacers i was originally looking at.

http://www.venommotorsport.com/manu...wheel&product=Spacers&make=Renault&model=Clio System B Centric Bolt to hub and fit wheels as normal.

Just checking the ebay ones were up to the job. Better safe then sorry.

The problem with System B spacers is that the spacer bolts to the hub and the wheel in turn bolts to the spacer. The spacers are aluminium IIRC which isn't an ideal material for the wheel's to be bolted to. So to get round that they bond steel threaded inserts into the aluminium for your wheel bolts.

Ch!ppen alleviated to this when I asked him about his own spacers.

172 Flamer
The problem with System B spacers is that the spacer bolts to the hub and the wheel in turn bolts to the spacer. The spacers are aluminium IIRC which isn't an ideal material for the wheel's to be bolted to. So to get round that they bond steel threaded inserts into the aluminium for your wheel bolts.

Ch!ppen alleviated to this when I asked him about his own spacers.

Thanks for the help. Alot of people on here seem to be using the hubcentric ebay ones without any issues, may as well go for them. cheaper to.