ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sparco FIA suit at great prices

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Ive just bought a new Sparco FIA race suit for a return to a season of hillclimbing/sprinting as my old one was no longer valid.

Came across this seller on ebay who is undercutting everyone else by a considerable margin. Thinking too good to be true asked a few questions to which seller was very responsive and then placed an order.

Suit arrived today after placing order a few days previously and have to say very pleased with purchase. Suit has all correct labels and FIA hologram label on zip, so all looks good.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sparco-E...hash=item2ccf2cd859:m:mmXaBhKUKIrEEpjryeemrgA

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I've order from this seller also and he was great to deal with, highly recommended.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
That's insane he's selling Sparco Energy RS-5 for £249.99, Demon Tweeks are selling the same suits for £649.99
Rich

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
That's insane he's selling Sparco Energy RS-5 for £249.99, Demon Tweeks are selling the same suits for £649.99
Rich

That's what I got. He's a little limited on colours but for the money you can't moan.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not that I need one. But are these the real deal?

As that’s some price difference

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
That's what I thought I and did ask the question. He said only makes small margin. The suit has the tell tale FIA Hologram in the zip which based on research I did. Quality is good so I'm confident these are the real deal. The seller offers a returns policy and has 100% feedback. Demon Tweeks are selling the same suit as far as I can tell for £368.80.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Not that I need one. But are these the real deal?

As that’s some price difference

100% genuine. I initially thought this also for the very same reason and spent a very long time comparing my suit to a friend who has the very same suit from Demon Tweeks and everything was the same.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
That's what I thought I and did ask the question. He said only makes small margin. The suit has the tell tale FIA Hologram in the zip which based on research I did. Quality is good so I'm confident these are the real deal. The seller offers a returns policy and has 100% feedback. Demon Tweeks are selling the same suit as far as I can tell for £368.80.

I got told the same, which is re-assuring. I initially ordered the wrong size and had to return and he processed the refund no problem.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
I was genuinely going up to Demon Tweeks next weekend to buy an RS-5 in blue and black in size 58 and take my hard earned £650.
But off the back of this thread I’ve just bought the same suit for £250, now what do I spend the remaining £400 on?
Rich

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I was genuinely going up to Demon Tweeks next weekend to buy an RS-5 in blue and black in size 58 and take my hard earned £650.
But off the back of this thread I’ve just bought the same suit for £250, now what do I spend the remaining £400 on?

Rich

Meal voucher for the op:)

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Rich

Split the saving with me :smile:

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
Forgot to update that mine turned up but it was too small (my fault, thinking I wasn't as fat as I really was lol) but contacted the seller and he agreed to let me return it and swap for a bigger size.
These are the genuine article by the way, if anyone else is interested in a suit I highly recommend this guy.
Rich

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Forgot to update that mine turned up but it was too small (my fault, thinking I wasn't as fat as I really was lol) but contacted the seller and he agreed to let me return it and swap for a bigger size.
These are the genuine article by the way, if anyone else is interested in a suit I highly recommend this guy.
Rich

I had the very same issue!

He was great to deal with TBH.

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
I'm really gutted I missed out on the OMP One S suit he had up at £350 which is a grand from Demon Tweeks.
It sold about 2 hours before I decided I should buy it lol.
Rich

I really would be hesitant trusting a fireproof suit that was so much cheaper than elsewhere - our industrious friends in the Far East with little regard for copyright laws will literally copy anything, even making fake medicine, so I'm not sure I'd want the true test of authenticity to involve a 'trial by fire' that it may or may not pass... lol

Is a list of authorised sellers on the Sparco website? Or can someone ring and check if he's on their list? The latter might be hard to do without raising suspicion and risking a price bump if they really are genuine...

Sonic Boom

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Sport Ph1
He bought them as job lot, so he's just selling what he has it's not like he knocking them out willy and indead nilly, he's only got limited sizes and colours and when they are gone they are gone.
They are totally 100% genuine I even compared mine to my mates RS-5 which he bought at full RRP and they are incidental these aren't knock off's they are the genuine article being sold cheap.
Rich

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I really would be hesitant trusting a fireproof suit that was so much cheaper than elsewhere - our industrious friends in the Far East with little regard for copyright laws will literally copy anything, even making fake medicine, so I'm not sure I'd want the true test of authenticity to involve a 'trial by fire' that it may or may not pass... lol

Is a list of authorised sellers on the Sparco website? Or can someone ring and check if he's on their list? The latter might be hard to do without raising suspicion and risking a price bump if they really are genuine...

I did the very same as Rich and compared mine to one purchased from DT and I couldn’t find anything different, although I did share the same views prior to this.