ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Spare' Electrical Connections

Was just having a nose around under my dash (just sort of above the pedals) and found a couple of unconnected electrical connection blocks. Both grey, both female. I'm guessing their problem part of a Clio standard loom that isn't used on my 172 - maybe headlamp adjustment and crusies control?

Anyone got any ideas?

Greg

They could be for any number of things Renault use common looms so one looms maybe used for a 1.2 and 1.6 etc. My Williams has a load of plugs for automatic gearboxes in it.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I've found some too. On the back of my ESP switch panel there are a few connections that are held into blanking slots.

GazCB said:
I've found some too. On the back of my ESP switch panel there are a few connections that are held into blanking slots.

just out of interest, how did you get that panel off? is it just a case of prying it off with a flathead screwdriver?
mine rattles and i want to put silicon sealant around the edge, but obviously dont want to snap anything off.

thanks

BMW Z4 3.0i
You can access the back of the panel by putting you hand up behind from the bottom. There are just some clips you squeeze to release it. Mine rattles too. I added some neoprene foam and sellotape to one of the clips to hold it tighter.