ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spare wheel for cup

RenaultSport 172
want a spare wheel for the newly aquired cup.would i be able to throw in the boot an alloy from a normal clio say a 15" one as a get you home?reason i ask is that the normal ones are cheaper on the bay cheers.

A4 Avant & A3
i've heard that people get hold of the Laguna wheels for use as a spare as they are 16" (so i've read somewhere)
I need to get hold of something too.. still holding out for a scruffy turini to spray (but don't think i'm gonna have much luck to be honest!)

agree wid the laguna idea .........managed to get a turrini and now have a spare wheel , quite awkward to buy unless spending 100+

172 cup
Im also after a spare wheel for a cup. Im driving from Edinburgh to the Dordogne in July which is about 850 miles, and im not keen on going without a spare.

I wasnt sure if any 16 inch renault wheel will do as the offsets are all different. Anybody else know if a standard 172, 182 or laguna 16 inch wheel will do? Or even a 15 with higher profile tyres? There's probably a 1% chance it would get used (fingers crossed), and even then only til i got to a garage to fix the puncture or get a new tyre.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've got a full fat 182 , same problem , lol. Bought a badly kerbed one off ebay for £36 and refurbed it :)

172 cup
Ha Ha. I am hardcore.

With all the crazy french drivers, car burning rioters and half the workforce going on strike every other week i think going without a spare wheel would be another potential nightmare. Oh well, there's always the tyre foam.......

172 cup
MRBILLYUK said:
I've got a full fat 182 , same problem , lol. Bought a badly kerbed one off ebay for £36 and refurbed it :)

Are the 182 wheels the same offset as the 172 cup? I suppose it might not matter that much. I'll just need to keep looking on ebay, or go to a scrappy and get a 172/cup wheel off some poor sod's ex-pride and joy.

With a Cup your lucky as there no ABS just get any 15 inch alooy and it will fit any whel the circumference maybe different radius but its no problem realy. Any 14 inch wheel will fit the bacvk wheels so you'd just ahve to do what the CTR driver have to do and if you have a flat front put a back wheel on the front and the spare on the back.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
jaf78 said:
Are the 182 wheels the same offset as the 172 cup? I suppose it might not matter that much. I'll just need to keep looking on ebay, or go to a scrappy and get a 172/cup wheel off some poor sod's ex-pride and joy.

iirc 172 cups are 38 offset and the 182's are 45