ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spark plug stuck!!!

RB Clio 182

Had my valver serviced by an incompetent garage this weekend which included changing the plugs. They claim that a spark plug was damaged by a previous garage and now just spins and wont come out. Liars. It ran fine before and now doesnt run quite right and im desperate to get it sorted. Anyone know any tricks to getting it out or am i going to have to take the head off? If so i tell you it wont be going back on as standard! (which will be the only good thing about this) :mad:

sounds like they cross thread the plug when they put it back in??

as for getting it out, does the whole plug spin?? or is the bolt just spinning around the plug? (i that makes sense).

just wondering, if your prepared to take the head off, why didnt u service it urself?

RB Clio 182

As its quite narrow down there is there an easy way to tell if the whole plug is spinning or if its just the ceramic top part if you know what i mean? As for the head I meant another garage, possibly GDI, if it needs to come off its getting some other bits done at the same time!)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Have you tryed using the proper socket for removing the spark plug ?

You might get lucky and find a good thread for it to bite against.

On the down side, if it is stripped a engineers will need the block - to drill the S/P hole oversize, sleeve it, drill and retap it.

Might be cheaper to source another head. And claim componsation for the Garage of TREVS !

ive never seen a valver engine so couldnt really say. If long nose pliars dont reach then im not really sure.

Anyone else????????

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

if its spinning then the threads must be damaged in the head or the plug has sheared,either way you are probably going to need to take the head off im afraid.