ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sparkplug question for 172

Basically, it is impossible to find the NGK plug in "PFR6E-10" other than Renault. When I check Denso, the one for Clio 172 are:

Denso Iridium Power: SVK20R-Z8
Iridium Tough: VK20Y

And they are also not available in the stores. Then the guy in the shop recommend me to check the cross reference, then I found another suitable one at part number "IK20". I got a set and it looks exactly the same as the Renault one. Therefore, can I use IK20???

What is the reason that the sparkplug company always has a lot of different plugs with many part numbers??? Can I use something else???

The sparkplug from Renault cost 12ukp each and the Denso IK20 I got cost me only 25.5ukp for 4pcs.

The numbers relate to electrode types and gap, construction and heat range, very important.

I've never used those plugs so i dont know.

Skoda Fabia vRS
any place that sells NGK plugs should be able to get you them

we dont have any on the shelf at work but we can get any plug NGK make

hkka said:
And they are also not available in the stores. Then the guy in the shop recommend me to check the cross reference, then I found another suitable one at part number "IK20". I got a set and it looks exactly the same as the Renault one. Therefore, can I use IK20???

Ppl in Taiwan use IK-22 for normal Clio 172, IK-24 for cam modded one.
IK-22 is around 300 NTD (approx 75 HK, 5 GBP) each here.
Just for your reference.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Denso make very goos plugs. I recently changed mine for sum champions. Starts ALOT better than it user to. The plugs were rusty FFS!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
i changed mine last year, got them from k-tec but cant remember what kind they were.

im sure if you gave them a call, or an email if youre so far away they could recomend a plug. if i remember right it was abour £50 for the 4.....

172 ph1
I would not use the BKR6EK plug as it will not last half as long as the platinum ones originally specified.
No clue about Denso plugs...