ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spax Coilover springs

Car  A special one.
Does anyone know if Spax do a shorter spring for there coilovers?

I have my fronts on the lowest setting but would like to get them a bit lower.
 
They don't I've been on with them the past few days to see what they can do basically its what it is they can make a custom damper for trax use but no shorter springs I spoke about the psx kit with them and they couldn't do any more .... They've hooked me up an Rsx kit now at a really good price through my works ... There customer service is good email or ring them and they might be able to come up with something
​
 
Does anyone know if Spax do a shorter spring for there coilovers?

I have my fronts on the lowest setting but would like to get them a bit lower.

[pikey] Have you tried taking the helper springs out? [/pikey]

I found that the fronts didn't go very low either, I ran mine at the lowest possible and I didn't want 'lowzz Yo!' In the first place.

Did you fit the spacer below the suspension top mount? Only about 20mm long iirc but I left it out after reading on here that it was unnecessary I had no issues without the spacer fitted.
 
I was thinking about taking the helper springs out tbh, but thought id chuck up a post to see if other springs where available before i did this.

I don't remember seeing a spacer tbh mate, i have the black alloy bit that holds the top of the spring then the top mounts.

Now i have spaced my front wheels out it stands out that it needs to be sitting a bit lower.

If not then i might sell them and get the FK ones as the adjustment threads go alot lower down the body of the shock.
 
I was thinking about taking the helper springs out tbh, but thought id chuck up a post to see if other springs where available before i did this.

I don't remember seeing a spacer tbh mate, i have the black alloy bit that holds the top of the spring then the top mounts.

Now i have spaced my front wheels out it stands out that it needs to be sitting a bit lower.

If not then i might sell them and get the FK ones as the adjustment threads go alot lower down the body of the shock.

How are yours standing up to the British weather? I had mine in Oz where rust isn't an issue, I'll be looking to buy another set when I get another Clio.
 
Back
Top