ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spax rsx coilovers Opinions ?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
What do people think to the spax rsx coilovers are they any good for the price or is there better kits avaliable for a 182 cup pack ?

Can get them for £560 is it worth it or save more for a better setup

Thanks in advance
daz

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
At £560 i would give them a punt, i seriously considered them recently at £700, but ending up just getting H&Rs instead.

Strangely, it was partly the cheapness that put me off.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
I thought that when i saw the price but the place were ive looked ive asked and thats his set selling rate not discounted and are brand new so i might have to give them ago

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Are these the same Spax coilovers sold by 519?

£560, i'd also be seriously tempted to purchase a set too. I have the 60mm hubs (the bain of my life!) and been trying to work out the cheapest way to get a decent setup

Dave, feel free to PM but whats the damage for H&R coilovers?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Yeah, they will be, Larkspeed do them for £700. Although the price of £560 sounds more like trade, not retail tbh ...

H&Rs are circa £860 if you know anyone who can get 10% off at ECP - thats where all the resellers get them.

RB 182 Cup
I had Spax fully adjustable coilovers on my Renault Alpine A310 in the mid 90s. Not too sure of the model, but in 2 years of use didn't have one problem at all.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Not sure if there the rear coilover setups but thats retail through a company in scunthorpe im in talks with as we speak to see what discounts a group buy would be like

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
at that price you might as well get dan at 519 to fit them. Worth it for a proper set up in my opinion.

Why? He charges £200 more for the trackday kit (£899 vs. £710), then you have fitting on top!!

Bit gutting for him though really, he gets the development work done, then all the normal retailers undercut him.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
They are the standard rear set up, not the fancy full coilovers, still an excellent price. Also that price is trade price.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

£560, i'd also be seriously tempted to purchase a set too. I have the 60mm hubs (the bain of my life!) and been trying to work out the cheapest way to get a decent setup

that's way below what they cost to buy at trade price

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Why? He charges £200 more for the trackday kit (£899 vs. £710), then you have fitting on top!!

Bit gutting for him though really, he gets the development work done, then all the normal retailers undercut him.

they're £699 and £799 currently. for the respective kits

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The offer at £560 is on until next Friday, I spoke to them today and if they have a set in stock on the Monday they will be sending me a set via courier. The chap on the phone couldn't confirm as he doesn't have dealings with the offe.