ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker advice

Currently have an alpine 7876rb headunit and alpine speakers all round with a soundstream amp and jl audio amp. Im wanting to ditch the sub and amp and upgrade the speakers. I replaced the original ones with alpine speakers and i also replaced the front tweaters. The speakers cost around £100 for them all so they are nothing special. Im wondering what people would advise me to get to replace these. Is their going to be much of an improvement? What brands should i be looking at? Am i best sticking with what ive got?

Cheers Rob 1.6 16v

Skoda Fabia vRS

sadly all Alpine isnt the way to go, they dont make that good speakers for the money really

ive recently replaced my door speakers and dash tweeters with a set of Planet Audio components runnin off my Alpine F240 amp an it sounds really good

(the mids are in the door and the tweeters are in the OE location using the OE tweeter surround, all new wiring to make sure i bypassed any OE crossover that may, or may not, exist)

the best sound stage is to have a good set of components up front, amped, sub in the boot, and either no rear speakers, or if you do, jus run em off the H/U or if there on a 4 channel amp (like mine is at present) then fade to the front on the HU, not totally but mostly