ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speaker connectors on clio

right this is the first time i for me for replacing speaker myself. I got some infinitys 552 which will be coming tomoz hopefully. I have a clio dynimique 2002. today i had a gander at the factory speaker and its connector. and also had a look at the infinity speaker connection via its online maual, well doesnt match. i want to know if you can get an adapter for it to link the new speakers to the car speaker connector. whats this adapter called?

cheers

btw, not going to but cutting the wires as i is going to sell the car with the factory speakers in 5 yrs or so.

Lionel Richie

Try autoleads, they might do an adaptor. I cut the original connectors off and then crimped new connetors on to the wires (in the door) and on the plastic connector using the opposing connectors. this means i can always put the factory speakers back in, although i wont cos theyre crap!!!!

Im replacing mine with Wharfedale Valdus midbass, and Im planning to do exactly what Freds done with his, its a great way of fitting the new ones tidily but keeping the ability to put the cr*ppy stock ones back in for flogging the car. Alternatively you can buy Blaupunkt custom fit range speakers as these fit in as direct replacements without the need for an adaptor. Or get Pioneer AD-EU800S speaker adaptors. These have connectors which fit the white ones on your car at one end and standard spade type speaker connectors at the other end. Theyre darn hard to get your hands on, but Ive found them on-line mail-order for about a fiver each at: http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/6961-pioneer-interconnectors.html

The trouble and expense of getting connectors is not worth it just do as Fred has done . Much easier cheaper and you can stil put the old speakers back in again!

All you need to do mate is buy some narrow spade connectors, and you can push 2 spades into the standard plug, crimp the spades onto the ends of the wires you get with the infinitys and hey presto!! you can just pull the spades out when you wanna swap back. i did it for my front speakers and it works a treat.

Justin