ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker to amp to wiring wattage

Okay so basically I'm wiring up 2 6x9's at 600 watt peak power each, and 2 subwoofers at 900 watt peak power each.

Okay so I believe with speakers you should always step up the wattage, no idea if this is true or not? So I'm thinking 1200 watt is the peak of the 6x9's so they should be wired o a 1500 watt amp, while the subs peak at 1800 watt so they can be wired to a 2000watt amp, these amps are then wired to a distribution block which has a wiring kit of up to 5000 watt running to it.

Is this the correct way to go about it?

1.2 16v clio
whats the make and model of the speakers they should say it on the magnet before you jump to any power cable you must know the rms value the peak is what they can handle at a short burst

5000watts is a hell of alot of power i have friends who run that and the amount of money they have spent is crazy i my self am running 1500-2000w rms

1.2 16v clio
The BlackDeath Pro-12 is a 12" Pro audio full range driver, with an integrated horn loaded compression driver for unbelievable all round audio performance at extreme volume.
  • Model : BlackDeath Pro 12
  • Configuration : 2 Way Speaker
  • Size : 12" (304mm)
  • RMS Power : 300 watts
  • Peak Power : 900 watts
  • Minimum Input : 150 watts
  • Sensitivity : 93 dB
  • Freq. Response : 45 Hz – 20 kHz
  • Impedance : > 4 Ohm
  • Mounting Depth : 6.8" (173mm)
  • Mounting Diameter: 11.2" (285mm)
  • Voice Coil Diameter : 2.4" (60mm)
  • Magnet Weight : 50 oz
This latest version of the QB69 can now be configured into either coaxial or component style by removing the tweeter assembly from the bass driver and mounting separately.

• Type : Component / Coaxial
  • Configuration : 3 way
  • Speaker Size : 6.25 x 9.29″
  • RMS Power : 200 w
  • Minimum Input : 100 w RMS
  • Peak Power : 600 w
  • Sensitivity : 93 db
  • Freq. Response : 30 Hz - 25 khz
  • Impedance : 4 Ohm
  • Mounting Depth : 3.9″
  • Mounting Diameter : 6.7″ x 8.7″
  • Voice coil diameter : 2.5″
  • Magnet material : Ferrite
  • Magnet weight : 40 Oz
  • Magnet rating : Y25
  • Recommended Amplifiers : DeathBox S4
so the 6x9's can take from 100-200watts rms and the sub can take 300watts rms each

i had 400watts rms 1 jbl gto and the power drain was crazy and i ended up blowing the sub

if i was you i would spend some money on 0 gauge wire and do a big 3 to give your alternator a fighting chance to do the big 3 it consists of 3 wires 1 positive from the alternator to the pos on the battery and 2 negatives 1 going from the engine/gearbox to the neg battery terminal and another one from the chassis to the battery terminal

i would also invest in a volt meter as ideally you dont want to go into the 12.5 range for safe reasons

what amps you need are a 200watts rms 2 channel amp for your 6x9 and a 600watts rms monoblock amp that is about 600watts at 2ohm as you need to wire the subs down

i kinda missed read lol 4 gauge for the subwoofer amplifier will be fine and 8 gauge for the 2 channel amp if its less then 500watts rms

Polo + Micra
try and aim to get an amp that outputs up to 20% more power than the speaker/sub rating

gives you head room so you don't destroy any speakers

a few upgades on the wiring can help alot (main one being the -ve from chassis to battery)

The BlackDeath Pro-12 is a 12" Pro audio full range driver, with an integrated horn loaded compression driver for unbelievable all round audio performance at extreme volume.
  • Model : BlackDeath Pro 12
  • Configuration : 2 Way Speaker
  • Size : 12" (304mm)
  • RMS Power : 300 watts
  • Peak Power : 900 watts
  • Minimum Input : 150 watts
  • Sensitivity : 93 dB
  • Freq. Response : 45 Hz – 20 kHz
  • Impedance : > 4 Ohm
  • Mounting Depth : 6.8" (173mm)
  • Mounting Diameter: 11.2" (285mm)
  • Voice Coil Diameter : 2.4" (60mm)
  • Magnet Weight : 50 oz
This latest version of the QB69 can now be configured into either coaxial or component style by removing the tweeter assembly from the bass driver and mounting separately.

• Type : Component / Coaxial
  • Configuration : 3 way
  • Speaker Size : 6.25 x 9.29″
  • RMS Power : 200 w
  • Minimum Input : 100 w RMS
  • Peak Power : 600 w
  • Sensitivity : 93 db
  • Freq. Response : 30 Hz - 25 khz
  • Impedance : 4 Ohm
  • Mounting Depth : 3.9″
  • Mounting Diameter : 6.7″ x 8.7″
  • Voice coil diameter : 2.5″
  • Magnet material : Ferrite
  • Magnet weight : 40 Oz
  • Magnet rating : Y25
  • Recommended Amplifiers : DeathBox S4
so the 6x9's can take from 100-200watts rms and the sub can take 300watts rms each

i had 400watts rms 1 jbl gto and the power drain was crazy and i ended up blowing the sub

if i was you i would spend some money on 0 gauge wire and do a big 3 to give your alternator a fighting chance to do the big 3 it consists of 3 wires 1 positive from the alternator to the pos on the battery and 2 negatives 1 going from the engine/gearbox to the neg battery terminal and another one from the chassis to the battery terminal

i would also invest in a volt meter as ideally you dont want to go into the 12.5 range for safe reasons

what amps you need are a 200watts rms 2 channel amp for your 6x9 and a 600watts rms monoblock amp that is about 600watts at 2ohm as you need to wire the subs down

i kinda missed read lol 4 gauge for the subwoofer amplifier will be fine and 8 gauge for the 2 channel amp if its less then 500watts rms

So for the 6x9's would something like this be good enough or?
http://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/VIBE-BlackBox-4-Ch-1000w-Amp/BLACKBS4V1/Amplifiers/4-Channel

And then for the subs something like this?
http://www.thompsonsltd.co.uk/VIBE-BlackBox-Bass-1-2500w-Amp/BLACKBB1V1/Amplifiers/Monoblock

i was thinking more like this for the subs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JBL-GTO-7..._Technology&hash=item25729be7d5#ht_752wt_1159

and yea that other amp would be ideal and i would look elsewere aswell because them prices you posted seem too expensive for vibe stuff

I understand that JBL is an amazing make etc... but on this build I wanted to keep the amps + speakers all the same make. Would you mind having a look at some vibe amps and giving me recommendations for both the 6x9's and subs?

Plus also for the subs why are you saying to get a single channel amp? Surely because there is two it would be better to have 2 channels or not?

Polo + Micra
vibe monoblock a bit cheaper from here

and a 4 channel for the 6x9s here

the reason for a mono amp is they are able to deliver more power and stereo is no needed for subs

also i said a 4 channel as it means you can bridge the 6x9s off it but just go easy on the gain

1.2 16v clio
vibe monoblock a bit cheaper from here

and a 4 channel for the 6x9s here

the reason for a mono amp is they are able to deliver more power and stereo is no needed for subs

also i said a 4 channel as it means you can bridge the 6x9s off it but just go easy on the gain

basicly what this person said