ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speakers changed and still distortion

Clio mk3 1.2 TCe
So after figuring out which speaker was crackling I decided to buy replacements took out the speaker I suspected was the problem and checked it over and noticeable issues but I changed it anyway. Before fitting it back together I checked it out and it was exactly the same. Would a damaged wire cause this? Or am I missing something?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Did you change the speaker for a new one or breaker part? If you gently push the speaker cone in and out is there any scratching?

Clio mk3 1.2 TCe
Brand new ones.

I tried a couple of things but nothing seemed to work the cable looked fragile and broke off but I disconnected the power before I could check

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Could be your stereo with a dodgy output.

Swap the speaker wires at the headunit end. If the distortion moves from speaker to speaker, your head unit is at fault. If the distortion stays on that speaker regardless, you either have a dodgy speaker or a damaged wire.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I’d imagine the radio has 2 amps, left and right. So as above, If the other speakers on the same side are distorted or if you swap the sides over and the distortion follows then it’s new head unit time.