ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speakers crackling

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Hey all, I'm a massive audio noob btw.

On low volume say, 5-10 my speakers sound perfect. When I need to turn up the volume to about number 16-17 because I'm on the motorway my speakers crackle like mad!! especially if it's something with base. I have no idea where to go with this, sounds like my speakers have blown and simply need replacing ? I don't know.

Any help would be great, thanks :approve:

clio 172 cup
could just be poor quality speakers most standard ones are poo also depends what you have the levels set at if the bass is at 6(max) they will crakle and sound awful as they cant handle it try lowering this if it is turned up could also be poor connection worth having a look could be cheap fix rather than new set of speakers

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I have the exact same problem as the OP. I've had a mess around the the bass settings and the treble settings but it doesn't make much of a difference.

I've been considering getting an aftermarket head unit and a subwoofer, cutting the bass from the front speakers and letting the sub do the bass, as it seems the front speakers only crackle due to trying to create bass. But tbh, I don't want to spend a fortune on the sound system when the money could be spent elsewhere.

The OE speakers in my 1.4 Dynamique were better than the ones in my new RS. I thought RS speakers were meant to be a little bit better...

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Sounds like they've been played at a too high of a volume before and that's blown them, mine play fine at 16-17.

I've since upgraded the headunit and they play even better!

It's just the passenger door speaker that crackles in mine.

The previous owner had some Fli speakers fitted in the parcel shelf, which are no longer wired up. He must of disconnected the OE speakers in the rear, and run the Fli parcel shelf speakers instead of them, as there's no sound coming from the back of the car. So only the front speakers are working atm, and it sounds effing sh*t!

I think I'll get rid of the parcel shelf and Fli speakers (they look a bit chav), get a new HU and a sub in the boot. I'll then be able to set everything up so that the front OE speakers aren't doing the bass, so hopefully they'll no longer crackle, and the sub can provide the base.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Bugger, I forgot I made this thread. Thanks for the help chaps, it's given me something to go on to get my problem sorted.

Cheers :cool:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I had the problem and it turned out that a + and a - wire were touching each other (and not in a good way)