ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speakers for iMac 27.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm looking at getting a set of these next month (since I've bought an iPad and Apple TV this month :eek:) so I was just wondering if anyone knows about the HK Soundsticks?

I've also looked at the Bose systems, but they start right at the top end of my budget of £300, unless I buy used which I don't want to.

The iMac's speakers have no guts, so I want a bit more depth since I'm sat at my desk all day.

They need to sound good and look pretty for ~£300. Ideally less. Tall order?

Recommendations?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think I'll take my iPhone in to the store and try a few out, cheers!

Anyone have experience with Soundsticks?

I've had soundsticks for the past few years, and they are nothing short of brilliant.
Brilliant isnt enough. So I'll say they're brilltacular.

The fabulous sound quality, the (adjustable) epic bass, the uber cool good looks make them a reccomended buy any day of the week.

I have them hooked up to my tv/ps3/mac mini - and watching blu rays or playing games with these beauts is something else.

The only bad thing about them is the (granted, pretty cool) blue light in the sub that stays on all the time - which Im not keen on as I prefer pitch darkness in my room at night. That's me being pedantic.

Plus, if you are a homosexual or a lady, you can use them for sexual gratification.

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They do look rubbish now though. Like some kind of lame toy.

I think i have some in mums loft.

14' Leon Cupra 280
The only bad thing about them is the (granted, pretty cool) blue light in the sub that stays on all the time - which Im not keen on as I prefer pitch darkness in my room at night. That's me being pedantic.

Same here with the JBL's. I've never had a problem with them, they're fantasic (think i got mine with my G4 iMac Dome in 2004), but the blue light is annoying, have to switch them off at the wall every night)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
if i could be bothered to go look then you could have them for £200

Now Sold :-(
if i could be bothered to go look then you could have them for £200

OK as I fully appreciate the effort involved in an adventure into ones mothers loft how about £15 and a packet of haribo?
I can even collect.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Tom, I'll have them for free?

If not, I might buy a set... I hear nothing but good things about them on MacRumours, too. And they're under budget.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Tom, I'll have them for free?

If not, I might buy a set... I hear nothing but good things about them on MacRumours, too. And they're under budget.

I'll have a look over the weekend. Might need a bit of a clean/polish

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I might wait until my Birthday then, I know what you're saying. lol

I also like the way there's no separate woofer with the MM-1's.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Just watched that vid and I'm sold. May it is then... :dapprove:

Also, anyone know the name of that lamp on his desk in that review?

2.2 bar shed.
INB4 Rokit's are s**t.

185780_10150420762075405_509225404_17321212_40189_n.jpg

182 Turbo Project
I love my soundsticks. Best speakers I have ever bought. FACT.

Buy them. You will be happy.