ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speakers in the doors

Why does my car have speaker compartments in the doors but no speakers - are all Willies/16vs the same?

I just noticed today so I hope its supposed to be like this - they appear to be in the dash,surley I could fit bigger better ones in the front doors! Although I am a novice at ICE.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I would have thought that if the speaker grilles are there then there should be some speakers behind them!!!! Sounds like the previous owner probably fitted new speakers and then took them out before selling and didnt refit the old ones.

Hmm Sounds like a possibility.

You can fit most 13cm Speakers in the front door :)

Im currently doing a project to make my lower pocket in my door extend to a small Speaker box so that i can fit my 17cm Audiobahn 3-ways in :)

Possibly gonna go for a Fibreglass build and colorcode it either to the body color or metalic black :)

I dont think any of the Williams models ever came with any speakers up front as they were extra weight. It will still have the hole in the door for 5.25" speakers as they used the same doors as all the other models. You can either cut holes in the door cards or use stick on door pods if you dont want to damage the interior. You would be better getting some pods really so you could fit a set of components instead..It would sound loads better.

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

The Williams never had front door speakers. Due the weight, they left em out ! But behind the door card the holes are there for speakers.

As menetioned either cut holes in door card or have door pods fitted.

Ps if you cut holes and are fitting componants, the original speaker postion in the dash, make nice mounting points for the tweeters.

350z & 16v Maxi

YEa the Willy didnt have door spaerkers but the 16v and RTs did. You could put most 5.25" speakers in and can also get some 6.5" speakers in esp Kenwood Dual mags. I have cut the door hole a bit bigger to get my Polk 6.5" speakers in as the magnet did not even fit through the original hole. I mounted the tweeters in the dash where the 4s normally are.

Cheers guys - im a novice at this but the tweeter thing is what I thought I may do. The holes are there already so there may have been speakers but there is no cabling that i can find.