ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed Awareness Course

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Hi all,

I got sent on a SAC in October 2012, from memory it was a 35 in a 30 - bad day at work forgot there was a speed camera at the bottom of the hill. Admiral (who I'm currently insured with) have it on my renewal document that I went on a SAC, like this on the document:

DateCodePointsDisq (up to)Breath Reading
01/10/2012SAC0N/A0

I have 4 years NCB and haven't had an accident in over 5 years, the car is a 2014 (first owner, it's brand new) 1.2 TSI Seat Ibiza. My renewal quote was £620 but managed to beat them down to £476. However getting other quotes I can get it down to £275, even with upping my mileage to 10,000 over the 8,000 Admiral have me down for.

The problem I've got is the SAC, other insurers don't have a code for this! Is this going to cause me problems? I can find the SP30 code, but I took the course instead of having the points/fines. What do I do? :(

its up to you if you declare , listen carefully on the phone for the questions you are asked

however , if admiral know , then so do the others if they need to ,assuming you didn't tell admiral !!

Only Admiral group care about the SAC, nobody else does.

In fact, the whole point of doing the SAC is that its non-traceable by insurers.

its not untraceable , if they search they will get the info which all underwriters will look at

nowadays all claims come up (including windscreens) all sac and points ,they know if you have been honest or not .

Mkll Ph1
No need to tell them I don't think. It's not a conviction or points and having done the course you have not been charged with anything.

No need to tell them I don't think. It's not a conviction or points and having done the course you have not been charged with anything.

unless they ask the question , which admeral group do , and if they do and can load a policy others will follow eventually .

the fact admiral got the info means its available to an insurer if they wish to find out, thinks have changed .

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
unless they ask the question , which admeral group do , and if they do and can load a policy others will follow eventually .

the fact admiral got the info means its available to an insurer if they wish to find out, thinks have changed .

Yeah sounds like I'm going have to ring around, I can't seem to add it online.

Mkll Ph1

Ahh. Don't think we get admiral group in Northern Ireland so never had the question from any if the other insurers when hunting around.

Ahh. Don't think we get admiral group in Northern Ireland so never had the question from any if the other insurers when hunting around.

depends when you last called , i have noticed alot have added the windscreen claim bit into the script !!

Clio 197
i did this corse last wednesday and i asked if i had to inform my insurance and he said
"im not telling you to lie if your insurance asks but the insurance companys DO NOT have access to our dater base"

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
i did this corse last wednesday and i asked if i had to inform my insurance and he said
"im not telling you to lie if your insurance asks but the insurance companys DO NOT have access to our dater base"

Similar to what I've heard, thanks to data protection no insurance company would find out from them (AA Drivetech)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you lie as part of your policy setup, you are potentially uninsured and can be chased for losses later on.

But if other companies do not ask you if you have been on an SAC, then you have NOT lied to them if you dont tell them that you have.

Its not a claim and its not a conviction, so if they say "any claims or convictions" then the HONEST answer to that question is "no"

If you lie as part of your policy setup, you are potentially uninsured and can be chased for losses later on.

But if other companies do not ask you if you have been on an SAC, then you have NOT lied to them if you dont tell them that you have.

Its not a claim and its not a conviction, so if they say "any claims or convictions" then the HONEST answer to that question is "no"

This .

End thread.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
You have NOT been convicted of an offence. Speed awareness course is your chance to keep a clean licence and you DO NOT have to declare it to anybody. Don't let any insurance companies tell you different. They can't find out and you are NOT breaking the law by NOT declaring it.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
You have NOT been convicted of an offence. Speed awareness course is your chance to keep a clean licence and you DO NOT have to declare it to anybody. Don't let any insurance companies tell you different. They can't find out and you are NOT breaking the law by NOT declaring it.

Cool. However what do I do about my proof of no claims having a SAC on it?

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Get them to re send a proof of no claims without it on as it is not a conviction/driving offence. It's proof that you haven't made a claim and shouldn't contain any thing else.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool. However what do I do about my proof of no claims having a SAC on it?

Nothing, just send it to your new insurer, and if they have a problem with it they will contact you about it I am sure, but I dont see how they can if that isnt a question they have asked you TBH.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Nothing, just send it to your new insurer, and if they have a problem with it they will contact you about it I am sure, but I dont see how they can if that isnt a question they have asked you TBH.

Awesome!

Thanks for the help guys. :clap:

Lets just confirm this as a comment above muddiex the water.
If the op has not told Admiral and they have the info then clearly it CAN be found.
And If directly asked if you have attended a spped awareness course and you say no (when you have) then you have lied and effectively risk no insurance.
If you are NOT asked you have not lied .
Do not lie in the belief they cannot find out

And i doubt it makes much diffetence to the policy anyway

When I attended my speed awareness course last September I also got told that you didn't need to tell your insurance company as it isn't a penalty.

I was also insured by Admiral at the time and when I got my proof of NCB through, there was no mention of the course on it?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I dont understand how they can find out though. If nothing is recorded on a licence and they have no access to the SAC documents then how without breaking the DPA?

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
I dont understand how they can find out though. If nothing is recorded on a licence and they have no access to the SAC documents then how without breaking the DPA?

Worries me slightly, since I was advised not to tell them unless asked.