ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speed bumps!

Went down by the seafront earlier, they have speedbumps in the shape of a square in the middle of the road. anyway i was a few cars behind this (actually nice) done up rover 216, she tried a few bumps and scraped like mad so then opted to go round it a bit. So this police car comes hammering down the road and books her for it! my god

Those square bumps are stupid. Most of them you can straddle (as long as the car is not lowered!) but some of them you need to go in the middle of the road in a standard height car.

Not a chance of doing those square cushions in my car - Id scrape from manifold to backbox...

I find its much more fun to:

slow to 1mph,

watch the person behinds eyes get very wide as they realise youve virtually stopped,

crawl over the bumps at a snail-on-a-sunday-strolls pace with a wheel on each side of the road,

then foot to the floor, maximum exhaust volume, break the speed limit, come off the gas with a massive TSSSH from the dumpvalve and spitting and popping on the over-run (he he wait til I get a flamer kit!),

stand on the brakes and start again!

:D

Mwuhahahahaha - soon the residents will be complaining! Apparently the main reason speed bumps get removed! ;)

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

The people at the local council who plan these STUPID speed bumps must have been on some kind of http://drs.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=halucigenic+drugs/v=2/SID=w/l=WSPT/KC=hallucinogenic+drugs/*-http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=hallucinogenic+drugs&sp=1&ei=UTF-8 hallucinogenic drug at the time!

They must be THE stupidest traffic calming measure EVER devised!

What do we all do?

Slow down for the first and then accelerate like fcuk until the next one. This pattern repeats for the remainder of the bumps.

The square ones can easily be driven over at normal speed as they have set them at the normal track of most cars (unless you have a lowered car) how daft is that?

I rate speed bumps along side "CHILD ON BOARD" stickers!

Like we are going to DELIBERATELY crash into a car coz theres a KID on board!

Rant over! Had a few tinnies tonite! Hic!

Bob RTE :mad:

Best traffic calming method is nice blonde in a short skirt with long legs, bending over to pick up the cigarettes she just dropped on the pavement. Now i know you dont want to speed past that.;)

or a bus.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Run it over and kill her before the fags do, the dirty b**ch ;) she should be picking up her lippy or something!

Best traffic calming method is nice blonde in a short skirt with long legs, bending over to pick up the lip stick she just dropped on the pavement. Now i know you dont want to speed past that.

Better?

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yeah, although a fit bloke would be better ;) bending over to put up the number i just threw at him. haha

DONT START ME ON SPEED BUMPS!!! The main road thorugh our estate has 10 speed bumps and 3 raised roundabouts - so all the traffic comes down my street to avoid them - As I live on the corner I have to watch out for plonkers coming round the corner at 40mph!

Down where i work they put loads and loads of bumps, everyone complained, then they went back, took them all out, then a week later came back and put a few in again bit in different locations! was mayhem!

I went to ireland once, there traffic calming was cool! a big long straight road, but it undulated a lot, so if you were breaking the limit you would take off every 20 metres!

id like to look into thease speed humps...i was wondering if i could sue my local council for unreasonable wear & tear on my cars suspension ??....any solicitors on here ?