ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed camera detectors in 172’s.

Has anyone used a speed camera detector (not the GPS type) successfully in a 172? I can remember vividly that someone on here said that the special windscreens stop them from working properly. They where having problems mounting it close enough to the little square that isnt heat reflective to pick the signal up.

Oh and what detector was in the special bulk purchase on here a while ago, and how much where they?

Think im going to go for a Bell 550 as they seem to get the best reviews.

Stu.

Sorry my mistake

I dont bother with detectors, Dont get out of Notts much and i seem to know where the cameras are and where the cops hang out.

Paul

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

hi

the snooper s6-r is out now and is a good looking piece of kit it has a radar detector and a gps unit with screen etc.

u can mount the radar detector under the bonnet to get good reception and the gps has its own ariel witch tells you your position (town or place you are in ) also tells your speed and what the limit is on the road you are traveling, it also detects mobile cameras and gatsos and trevelos.

i think it seems the best all round 1, im thinking of getting one my self.

they are 499 quid but you get alot for your money and it does accident black spots.

MaLicE

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

also to add

Geodesey now comes in two flavours

one gps only

and one with radar

also morpheous have launched a new s6-r like system

i had the s5 in it worked for a week or 2 thent awol!! so they have replaced for anextra £50 for new snooper s6 ,, which is a great piece of technolgy!!

If you get a Bel 330 or 550 you will get the mounting kit with it which includes the suckers which you can mount on the bottom of the windscreen in the small area in the middle which is not heat reflective, so absolutely no problems what-so-ever.

A few members have Bel 550s (Jas springs to mind) and I have a 330 and they work a treat - highly recommended.