ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed Camera Detectors

My shiny new 182 has a "Heat Reflective Windscreen." Some of the speed camera detector manufacturers advise that some windscreens can reduce the effectiveness of their units.

Does anyone know how I could find out what type of treatment has been applied to my screen.

Or if this will really foul up any any of the Road Angel / Snooper kit out there.

Thanks

Chris

Yea, the GPS ones dont work with them..

The New Road Angel would need the external GPS ariel..

The Origin, you have to put the gps receiver at the bottom in the square..

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive just put the b2 back in mine and have placed the GPS receiver in the back. No problems at all as laser passes through the anti reflective coating, so the laser detector should be okay in the front.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

isnt there a small area of non reflective screen at the bottem in the middle. its there for french vehicles to scan the vehicle for road tolls etc but the uk cars still come with the same screen. all renault used to have this little clear rectangle shaped part. have a look to see if it has.

JAY. I do have the little cut out as you mention, I guess this could incorporate the laser detecting side of these systems, thanks.

LEE. Do I really need to have a "remote" GPS sensor at the back of the car or will the "all in one" unit - like the Classic Road Angel work OK just sitting on the top of the dash?

Thanks

Chris

Ford Fiesta

try it if it locks on to GPS then you know its working, my non gps snooper works fine in the little square at the bottom.

My mk1 roadangel also works fine placed in the bottom middle of the windscreen. But it does take longer to get a satelite lock in the morning when first turned on, only a few minutes though.

Its for sale if anyones interested as i like the look of the new model.

2002 Clio Dynamic

I have the Snooper s6 neo and i have the gps at the front just at the wee square on the windscreen,works fine as does the detector unit!

have the latest Road Angel and it works well within a few cm of the clear sqaure - problem is it doesnt stick to the dash very well :sick:

Going to get the tech department at school to knock something up for me!

Ford Fiesta

same as mine breeze, well mines the S5 whats the difference with the s5R??

have you had a laser hit yet?

I got the Road ANgel and extra antenna for my 172 and ended up throwing the antenna away because it was useless. I had it on the parcel shelf, roof, everything and could not get a signal

I placed the unit directly under the clear square at the bottom middle of the windscreen and it worked perfectly.

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 04 July 2004

same as mine breeze, well mines the S5 whats the difference with the s5R??

have you had a laser hit yet?
No idea, Liam. My mate has a S5 and it seems the same although I havent actually looked at them that closely to try and find any differences.

Nope.. no laser hit yet.. last one I got was before I had the Snooper and that hit got me 3 points!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by chrisclio182 on 03 July 2004

JAY. I do have the little cut out as you mention, I guess this could incorporate the laser detecting side of these systems, thanks.

LEE. Do I really need to have a "remote" GPS sensor at the back of the car or will the "all in one" unit - like the Classic Road Angel work OK just sitting on the top of the dash?

Thanks

Chris
Some people seem to have had success with this while others had to get the extra antena. I went for the b2 as I knew it was seperate and that once Id installed it in the car Id not want to move it to another car, so the GPS antena in the back works a treat.