ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed camera detectors

Nissan Jewk

Been thinking about getting one, but need a little more advice. Need to know the following:

- prices / whats the best 1 on the market / pros and cons of them / pics

Ideally looking around the £200 mark but can be flexible

Cheers!

Mike

[Edited by mikec172 on 10 June 2004 at 4:15pm]

Origin B2 is about the best out there atm.

The guy you want to speak to is Has (clio16vsport), he does them for £320, which is the cheapest you will find anywhere.

Hes not online much atm, but can pass on any questions.

This one has a tells you the speed you are going, speed limit ont eh roads, gives plently of warning, has about the best database around, you can put your own locations in. If a radar gun is being aimed at you a little detector detects it and an alarm goes off.

If you search on google there are several sites who have reviewed a variety of speed camera detectors.

Think you are looking at about £300+ if you want a decent one, and there isnt really much point in spending £200 if it onlyy detects half the cameras

Quote: Originally posted by mikec172 on 10 June 2004

are they actually any good though? or just a posh toy?
Brillient, ive been in his car when the warning has gone off, plently of time to slow down, no problems there.

Quite a few people on here ahve got them, sure someon who has one will post up soon, its something i will get as soon as a have the cash

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

you can get them for cheap on ebay, i paid 320 for mine brand new and its never let me down yet

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 10 June 2004

Origin B2 is about the best out there atm.

The guy you want to speak to is Has (clio16vsport), he does them for £320, which is the cheapest you will find anywhere.

Hes not online much atm, but can pass on any questions.

This one has a tells you the speed you are going, speed limit ont eh roads, gives plently of warning, has about the best database around, you can put your own locations in. If a radar gun is being aimed at you a little detector detects it and an alarm goes off.

If you search on google there are several sites who have reviewed a variety of speed camera detectors.

Think you are looking at about £300+ if you want a decent one, and there isnt really much point in spending £200 if it onlyy detects half the cameras
Do they work that well? People i know reckon by the time the alarm goes off, its to late. Also do you need to rewire the aerial due to the windscreen coating

Well it depends where its placed, and yes it may be too late, it can only go off when the gun is being pointed at you, so if you are going that fast you wont be able to slow down in enough time.

If you can get them on ebay for £320, of has, for £320, i would go wiht Has, he gets them brand new, been a member for ages, loads of people know him etc, i would prolly even pay slightly more to get it from him, cus i know where its comming from, rather than ebay

Nissan Jewk

do you know Has personally or only thru here? wouldnt mind getting a message to him to find out when he can get one for

Skoda Fabia vRS

ive got a Road Angel and its never let me down, unlike every Snooper ive ever owned (3 of them) which regularly let me down

dont bother if you only have £200 to spend as it will be £200 wasted completely

get a new Road Angel or the Origin B2