ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speeding at 22:40hrs

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

just travelling from scunny town centre to the queensway roundabout. its a dual carrigeway with a 30 limit, makes loads of sence that doesnt it.

so i was trundelling along just below 40 then i notice a blue light in the trees, on closer inspection its a cop car parked in a church car park.

so i turned around to see if there are any speed camera signs there, and sure enough there are. the official side is across the road at pitwood house, but looks like this is a nice out of hours earner for the filthy pigs.

i rekon i was going about 37-39 (speedo) when i saw the light.

he didnt stop me so im guessing it will come through the post....again!! another nail biting 14 days!

advice???

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 11 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Harry_manback on 11 July 2005advice???[/QUOTE]pay the fine and take the points, you were speeding.

agreed

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

im sure there must be some rules broken here, hiding behind a bush in the dark??

i know i was speeding, surly there must be some robbers to catch somewhere

anyone read that book written by an excop with all the legal loopholes to help people escape fines and points? was advertised in evo magazine

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

half past 2 in the morning, hiding behind a bridge... 3pts and £60 on my license.

At the end of the day - do the crime, take the penalty. Its all a learning curve.

Life sucks - get used to it!

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

i cant believe everyones so negitive. beginning to sound like my parents, wheres the rekless 1.2 boyracer section, they must have some ideas on this.

B-road bully

theirs nuthin u can really do can u, ultimately were jus delegates of the system:(. buy a road angel?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

would a road angel find cops in trees???

all i kno about speeding tickets is.

1) the pigs have 14 days to get it to you including postage, this is as long as they didnt stop you at the time.

2) if there are more than 1 named drivers on the car and the evidence doesnt clearly show whos driving, you can get way scott free everytime.

im the only person on my insurance, so its looking grim, are you allowed to park infront of cop cars that are in car parks catching speeders, or is that interfereing with pig business?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 12 July 2005

Harry however must have big shoes ;)
you herd of heal toe well i can get my shoe across all the peddals, if they are all level the accelerator wins everytime. not sure why i know this usless information.

lol what makes you think you were even caught speeding.. the officers may have been on obs awaiting a certain vehicle to pass.. its

ye the police are b*stards when it comes to speed cameras. I was on my way to pick my little cousin up from a party 11:00 last friday when I noticed a couple of fluorescent stripes which as I passed, ended up being 2 p*gs with a speed camera. I was doing about 35mph at the time so I also have a chilling 2 weeks to look forward to.

They were hiding in the shade just outside the D-Day museum, Southsea, Portsmouth. So watch out!

Quote: Originally posted by Harry_manback on 11 July 2005

im sure there must be some rules broken here, hiding behind a bush in the dark??

i know i was speeding, surly there must be some robbers to catch somewhere

anyone read that book written by an excop with all the legal loopholes to help people escape fines and points? was advertised in evo magazine
you can get it as an ebook off ebay for a couple of quid. came free with some link i bought but think i deleted it since then as i cant find it

Valver

Just laughing at some people in their absolute belief in our justice system, obviously 40mph on a dual carriageway and nearly 11pm should be severly punished :confused:

Anyway, Quote: Originally posted by Harry_manback on 12 July 2005
2) if there are more than 1 named drivers on the car and the evidence doesnt clearly show whos driving, you can get way scott free everytime
totally untrue, many drivers have been prosecuted trying to use this defence, I recall one case where 2 drivers claimed each other were driving in an attempt to dodge the charge. The magistrates just convicted the registered keeper (RK) of the car.

Quote: Originally posted by Harry_manback on 12 July 2005
1) the pigs have 14 days to get it to you including postage, this is as long as they didnt stop you at the time.
If you dont receive anything through the post in 17 days, and you have been the RK of the car for a few months, and providing it wasnt a hired car or company car, then you should be fine...

Otherwise if you do recieve a NIP browse to http://www.pepipoo.comwww.pepipoo.com and have a look at the forum, you may have a chance of not being convicted.

With regards to them hiding in the trees, the ACPO guidelines with relation to speed enforcement are unfortunately, just guidelines, therefore you cant base a defence on they were hiding behind a tree I didnt have time to slam the brake on as far as they are concerned you were caught fullstop.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

take into account you speedo should over read by 5mph. the police camera vans are set 5mph over so you could do 40 past one of those if there standing there i think the guns are pretty accurate

2004 Racing Blue 182

i got done my a gatso doing 38 in a 30 at 4am on my way home from work, flashed twice and my heart sank!!!

also got pulled my a cop for nipping through a car park to avoid the traffic lights (which were red!) as a guy could have been walking a dog and i technically went through a red light (this was also on my way home from work at 4am!!!) who walks a dog at 4 am hahahaha muppet, i was dying to laugh at him but decided against it!!!

-->NV

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i dont get why ppl are so harsh about topics like this. everyone sppeds from time to time. i try and keeep to speed limits but now and then u go a few mph over.especially late at night where no one is around?

Clio 197

Hi there,

If you noticed a Blue Light in the bushes... did you see what type of car it was?

Q: Was it a police car, or a mobile camera unit?

A traffic car would have to stop you to take your details AFAIK - so if they didnt stop you, youre ok.

Its only the mobile speeding units (vans) that do it via post - I dont think they have blue lights?

Also, if it was a van... was the front or rear of it facing you?

The stationery vans get you out of their back windows, wheras the police cars get you from the front of the police-car.... unless the officer is using a handheld unit which requires him to be stood out of the car, and stationery.

Down here, the traffic police have certain observation points.... and wont necessarily stop people unless theyre being dangerous. They may have been doing that.

Quote: Originally posted by Harry_manback on 11 July 2005

so i turned around to see if there are any speed camera signs there, and sure enough there are. the official side is across the road at pitwood house, but looks like this is a nice out of hours earner for the filthy pigs.

advice???

Were there speed limit signs on both sides of the road?

Quote: Originally posted by Harry_manback on 12 July 2005
would a road angel find cops in trees???all i kno about speeding tickets is. 1) the pigs have 14 days to get it to you including postage, this is as long as they didnt stop you at the time.2) if there are more than 1 named drivers on the car and the evidence doesnt clearly show whos driving, you can get way scott free everytime.im the only person on my insurance, so its looking grim, are you allowed to park infront of cop cars that are in car parks catching speeders, or is that interfereing with pig business?

only in scotland in the uk it goes to the registered owner

Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 12 July 2005
i dont get why ppl are so harsh about topics like this. everyone sppeds from time to time. i try and keeep to speed limits but now and then u go a few mph over.especially late at night where no one is around?

who is been harsh ??

Quote: Originally posted by Jon_1 on 12 July 2005

ye the police are b*stards when it comes to speed cameras. I was on my way to pick my little cousin up from a party 11:00 last friday when I noticed a couple of fluorescent stripes which as I passed, ended up being 2 p*gs with a speed camera. I was doing about 35mph at the time so I also have a chilling 2 weeks to look forward to.

They were hiding in the shade just outside the D-Day museum, Southsea, Portsmouth. So watch out!
It would be more like 31-32 at an indicated 35, well thats what my road angel says.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 12 July 2005

many ppl usually are mate!ppl who get caught speeding dont always speed everywhere and just happen to get caught when they go a few mph over the speed limit. ppl are gutted getting points and forum members make comments like u deserve it or take it on the chin.obviously they have to but they put posts up for sympathy not to get slated.They know they have done wrong!

who is been harsh ??

I used to develop software for the Transport Research Lab who have done more statistical analysis of accident data than anyone else. As I recall only about 6% of accidents are caused by excessive speed. This is considerably different to the governments claim that a third of all accidents are caused by speed and a majority of accidents are speed related.

Total nonsense.

Despite the huge amount of manipulation of the statistics by many police authorities the actual accident and death rates against the number of car journeys hasnt really changed over the last 10 years despite the huge number of speed traps.

Whilst Ive no doubt deliberately targetted speed cameras in a specific area can be a great help e.g. outside a hospital, school or a known accident blackspot, the majority of speedtraps are being carried out on the basis of where the police think people speed the most rather than which are the most dangerous roads. This is why many now view speed cameras as a form of taxation.

Truth is Id rather have someone doing 37mph in a 30mph who was concentrating on their driving than someone doing 30mph and not paying attention.

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 12 July 2005Quote: Originally posted by Clarkie172 on 12 July 2005 i dont get why ppl are so harsh about topics like this. everyone sppeds from time to time. i try and keeep to speed limits but now and then u go a few mph over.especially late at night where no one is around?
[/QUOTE]many ppl usually are mate!ppl who get caught speeding dont always speed everywhere and just happen to get caught when they go a few mph over the speed limit. ppl are gutted getting points and forum members make comments like u deserve it or take it on the chin.obviously they have to but they put posts up for sympathy not to get slated.They know they have done wrong!

who is been harsh ??[/QUOTE]

see your point but i dont see whats wrong with saying take it on the chin :s i have 6 points so its not like im a do gooder

clio 182 black /gold

My brother was caught by a static camrea going 35 in a 30 and he got either 3points and £60 or go on a speed awareness corse.

Elise/VX220/R26

hang on if you saw a blue light and it was a cop car did they not stop you? Or were they stood there with a gun? As far as I know itthe "safety camera partnerships" that get you and then produce a NIP, a normal police patrol wont have the numberplate recognition system link. Maybe they were waiting for someone specifically?

i think in all honesty, you havent been caught, and they were doing something a little more important than looking for you

but if it is points, i stick by my earlier comment, take them on the chin and get on with it all, 3 points is nothing nowadats, hardly even affects the insurance price

None

If cops didnt pull you, youll be fine. I was doing about 50 in a 30 with a cop car behind (couldnt see them tho as all my windows were steamed up behind me. Didnt get pulled, go no NIP etc. I dont condone myself speeding btw.

Elise/VX220/R26

^^yeah thats what I thought, only the vans send nips cos they have the computers on board with the DVLA link. Normal coppers dont have that link, not even traffic cops, thats why they have to call your details though when you do get pulled

If it is a cop car with the copper holding the camera out of the side window they have to pull you there and then.

Most of them are pretty lenient at that time. I know on a local 30mph dual carriageway in Pontefract they tolerate anything up to 45mph after 9.30pm, but above that and you get pulled.

See ya

Matt

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Time means nothing... 1.20am 84 on the motorway jus quietly crusin home...3points and 60 quid sir....

Cheers for that!

Caddy Maxi

tough sh*t! if you get caught you get caught and its your own fault regardless! ive been done speeding and am still in my first 2 years of driving so i have to be mega careful but if i get caught again then thats my fault again as im the one controlling the pedals!

in other words, take responsibilty for your actions if you get caught, pay up and shut up cos thats life!

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by Rich1.2 on 12 July 2005
in other words, take responsibilty for your actions if you get caught, pay up and shut up cos thats life!

Maybe he wants to stand up for himself rather than simply accept he might be shafted by a flawed system thats just robbing money from motorists and not even using it to improve road safety...