ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speeding at 22:40hrs

don't

lol didnt even bother reading the whole thread

way too many ppl saying, take the points etc

BULLSH!T

if he can get off then help him, sounds like they were hiding, they are not supposed to be are they? no thought not

hardly being dangerous on said road is he

i bet you all speed and i doubt u all get down to 30 straight away when coming into one from a 60 limit

cops get off with speeding yet everyone on here says take the points lol, do u want to get mugged off throughout your life or what

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 12 July 2005

Could always use the middle pedal ;)

Why ??....what does that do ???;)

Seriously, I know its harsh and a real sh*tter...but you were speeding ...take the points and fine.....we all make mistakes

Quote: Originally posted by Harry_manback on 11 July 2005

just travelling from scunny town centre to the queensway roundabout. its a dual carrigeway with a 30 limit, makes loads of sence that doesnt it.

so i was trundelling along just below 40 then i notice a blue light in the trees, on closer inspection its a cop car parked in a church car park.

so i turned around to see if there are any speed camera signs there, and sure enough there are. the official side is across the road at pitwood house, but looks like this is a nice out of hours earner for the filthy pigs.

i rekon i was going about 37-39 (speedo) when i saw the light.

he didnt stop me so im guessing it will come through the post....again!! another nail biting 14 days!

advice???

Live with it mate, how else can the govt afford to pay for tax evaders and terrorist housing funds? If we didnt pay these fines the free loaders would suffer... and we dont want that do we? :p

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Quote: Originally posted by Ang on 12 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 12 July 2005Could always use the middle pedal ;)Why ??....what does that do ???;) Seriously, I know its harsh and a real sh*tter...but you were speeding ...take the points and fine.....we all make mistakes

No idea... I dont remember either of us using it in a ten minute period last month..... hehe ;)

Caddy Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by Sami on 12 July 2005
Maybe he wants to stand up for himself rather than simply accept he might be shafted by a flawed system thats just robbing money from motorists and not even using it to improve road safety...

but he was speeding when the limit was clearly stated and camera signs were in place! therefore he doesnt have a leg to stand on! i agree if the cops are being devious but would they really have the lights flashing if they were hiding? they probably werent even monitering speeding by the description!
even if so like has been said it will only raise the tax on petrol, booze and fags so we cant get out of it anyway!

Speeding in the legal sense doesnt cause accidents. Driving beyond the limits of yourself, the car, and the road, ergo making sh*tty mistakes, causes accidents.

Speed limits have to be there, and I largely agree with most of them, but if you can defend your case then why not? Are you all ghey? Take it on the chin my ass. Get a spine FFS.

Anyways, from what Ive read theres zero chance of the OP getting a ticket from that situation.

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by Rich1.2 on 12 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Sami on 12 July 2005Maybe he wants to stand up for himself rather than simply accept he might be shafted by a flawed system thats just robbing money from motorists and not even using it to improve road safety...

but he was speeding when the limit was clearly stated and camera signs were in place! therefore he doesnt have a leg to stand on! i agree if the cops are being devious but would they really have the lights flashing if they were hiding? they probably werent even monitering speeding by the description!
even if so like has been said it will only raise the tax on petrol, booze and fags so we cant get out of it anyway!

Im not questioning whether or not he broke the law - he already admitted that - Im saying the speed limit is probably totally unjustified therefore put in to catch motorists because they know people will speed when the limit is so absurd!

tbh Im more likely to agree with Roy on this one, but I seriously doubt you will get a letter through for the speeds you were doing. Im 99% sure I got zapped doing identical speeds in a 30 coming back from my friends house in Poynton, and basically its out in the sticks and on the way back there was a cop car hidden away in some bushes with two guys and their little laser gun... not heard owt and dont expect to..., 38-39 on a Willy speedo is prolly about 15mph actual speed anyway... lol

on another note another friend of mine went through the scameras near the Traffic Center on the M60 at 90+ in the 40mph bit they have after not noticing the first of the signs (he never pays attention) and due to having his music too loud missed his tracker beep at him... 2 flashes and nothing 3 weeks later... otherwise instant ban Id imagine!

The problem is that you cant always have a black and white answer to this thing. Who is more dangerous on the road AJRMOTORSPORT for doing 84 on a quiet motorway at night or the burke who drives at 69 mph one and a half foot from your bumper on a busy motorway during the day? (step forward you BMW drivers!!!)....but who has more chance of getting penalised for their actions????

Go to safespeed.org for a pragmatic debate on the subject!!! We can all name roads where speed limits are not appropriate...like dual carriageways with walls either side (eg the A50 entering Stoke has a 40mph limit) ...on the other hand, we have single lane roads with bends (some blind), houses either side and yet a posted limit of 60mph.

Any fool that thinks that the scamera partnerships are purely about safety is either kidding themselves or has been fed on the manufactured statistics of the governement. Speed in itself doesnt kill...inappropriate speed for the conditions does.

Sadly nothing will change because the govt have a financial interest and because too many otherwise law abiding citizens say take it on the chin!!! Have they never been 1mph over the speed limit??? Ohhh...you have ...but youre still willing to take it on the chin??? Youd soon change your tune if you got caught 4 times!

[Edited by Brooktop on 12 July 2005 at 4:32pm]

agreed, well put my man.

notice how cameras are only deployed where people speed... not where accidents happen... I remember recently seeing a road sign saying, "careful, loadsa people died on here in 2004" (or to that effect) and there was not one camera... go figure

there are rules laid down by government over where fixed scameras can be placed...ie where there have been so many serious casulaties within a couple of years. The thing is, that takes no account of traffic volume...so by sheer numbers, busy main roads are going to have had accidents (may even have been caused by icy roads...nothing to do with speeding motorists!) and so they can justify putting up a camera to raise revenue - which the scamera partnerships get to keep...and that partnership includes magistrates, so what do you think theyre going to do when a speeder tries to get through a loophole (like the unsigned NIP)?

Pepipoo also has good advice....but I dont know anyone other than Alex Ferguson and Dwight Yorke that have managed to wriggle out of it...but God knows what their solicitors bill was!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Brooktop on 12 July 2005

The problem is that you cant always have a black and white answer to this thing. Who is more dangerous on the road AJRMOTORSPORT for doing 84 on a quiet motorway at night or the burke who drives at 69 mph one and a half foot from your bumper on a busy motorway during the day? (step forward you BMW drivers!!!)....but who has more chance of getting penalised for their actions????

Go to safespeed.org for a pragmatic debate on the subject!!! We can all name roads where speed limits are not appropriate...like dual carriageways with walls either side (eg the A50 entering Stoke has a 40mph limit) ...on the other hand, we have single lane roads with bends (some blind), houses either side and yet a posted limit of 60mph.

Any fool that thinks that the scamera partnerships are purely about safety is either kidding themselves or has been fed on the manufactured statistics of the governement. Speed in itself doesnt kill...inappropriate speed for the conditions does.

Sadly nothing will change because the govt have a financial interest and because too many otherwise law abiding citizens say take it on the chin!!! Have they never been 1mph over the speed limit??? Ohhh...you have ...but youre still willing to take it on the chin??? Youd soon change your tune if you got caught 4 times!

[Edited by Brooktop on 12 July 2005 at 4:32pm]
Spot on fella. couldnt argee more.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

thanks to everyone who doesnt take these things on the chin.

to clarify, the cop was in a mondeo estate, he had a gun on his arm in the drivers seat. the gun had the blue light on it.

seems like the laws are very unclear and untill the people who are chinning the fines make a stand, so that the cost of catching us criminals and murderers becomes more than they can make, then speed traps are here to stay.

thanks for your replys.

Ok youre not getting done then.

The camera was not in a fixed position, therefore a small movement of the coppers arm could cause a fluctuation in the speed reading. This means they generally cant do you for less than 40mph as you could say the camera must have shaken and produced a false reading. They also would have pulled you there and then.

See ya

Matt

Think the police rule is 10% + 3mph to pull you up if it was a cop car (which they didnt) but if it was a camera then you might have to accept it.

oh...and another (pragmatic) point...which is safer in a busy area...someone who is driving at 30mph but keeping an eye on the speedo 40% of the time for fear of doing 32 mph or someone doing 35mph but with their eye on the road and the surroundings (ie pavements - where pedestrians are in danger of stepping out)?

A competent driver instinctively knows what a safe speed for the prevailing conditions is....And dont even get me started on the blinkers brigade.....weve all seen them...gripping the steering wheel like theyre on the Big One, nose 5" from the windscreen and never look in the mirror or left/right!!! I wont make any sexist or ageist comments but people like that never get done for going over the limit (theyre afraid to get near it!). In my book...theyre far more dangerous!!

brooktop - i think its obvious you dislike current regulations and the police force, but sadly, we all know the laws with regards to breaking the legal speed limits, doesnt matter how dangerous they are or not, same as theft, we know that the laws are, being a mars bar or a tele doesnt change things, youve still broken the law

im one of the fortunate ones who has been caught speeding, yet has a clean licence, 3points and 60quid were due to go on, i knew id been speeding, i sent them both off, cheque cashed, licence come back clean, im hardly going to go to the magistrates and ask them to put them on am i?

I know its the law...Im only asking for some pragmatism.

I do believe that dangerous driving should be clamped down on and I believe there should be more emphasis on catching REAL threats on the road. Fixed cameras just do not have the discretion that an experienced traffic cop has. Id much rather the money was spent on marked and unmarked patrol cars who have the nounce to stop the idiots that we all see daily...who prabably have Road Angels and no points on their licence...until they kill someone.

I also have no problem with cameras near dangerous points like schools, hospitals, playgrounds, blind bends etc...but it seems that theyre all placed on wide roads, often dual carriageway, with very little pedestrian traffic.

Please go to the safe speed site to see some common sense discussion and the views of intelligent people that dare to question the governments statistics and rhetoric. Youll see lots of facts about how cameras arent really helping, how there is an increase in motorists without MOT or insurance etc - largely because they know theyre unlikely to get stopped and if they do, they get a £150 fine...go figure!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by clowo16v on 12 July 2005

Ok youre not getting done then.

The camera was not in a fixed position, therefore a small movement of the coppers arm could cause a fluctuation in the speed reading. This means they generally cant do you for less than 40mph as you could say the camera must have shaken and produced a false reading. They also would have pulled you there and then.

See ya

Matt
PMSL, thats the biggest load of bullsh*t ive heard, theyll throw that1 out in 2mins!