ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speeding- - How Fast You Been

Hey there, quick question to all you renault boys.

How fast have you personally travelled at? ( I mean you driving or being a passenger) and i mean in a car or a motorbike, not strapped onto a missile or stuck on the wing of a concorde.

These are all speedo speeds so will obviously not be 100% accurate- - - - -

Personally, 144mph in my zed (gearbox limited in 5th to this speed)

156 mph in Uncles Calibra Turbo

166mph in mates 380+ GTIR

Anyone on here had any similar experiences??

(obviously all done on my private test track)

mk2 172

165 in an evo 7 extreme s racing a lamborghini diablo. now that WAS a race. grinning like a cheshire cat for a week

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

xr2i 125mph

172 132mph

renault 5 956cc off the clock missus was behind on the way to france she said I was at 115mph:eek: (with K&N and the timing well advanced)

GPZ600 140mph

Bikers doing 156mph + 148mph this week got a 30 day jail sentence, and a 2yr ban. The law aint half cracking down.

Then a lunatic doing 116mph thru a 40, wonder if hell get a sentence also???

168 in twin turbo supra chipped, you could actually see the fuel needle moving, funny thing is we still got toasted by two other cars .. oh and every slight bend in the m/way becomes veryyyyyyy scary.

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 19 July 2003

And girls...! :cry: ;)

130mph in Christians (cbs cup) Cup (Me driving) :cool:

130mph (I think) in Matts (16v Matt) valver (He so would never let me drive that car over 40mph... :cry:)

And a great 110mph in my lil clio 1.2 :oops: (well the clock said 110, so really means 90) :p

(y)

Craggy, Did the lambo pass you at 165mph, or was he content at staying there??? They things can just go and go and go

Ive heard of a lad hitting the 170mark also in a TT Supra

With 450bhp in the TT Supra, the thing is like a bullet,

As standard i think they have around 285bhp, and hit a book top speed of 158mph. With 450bhp, and uprated GB I think these things would give any road production car a good go.

What kinda Audi are we talking about, hitting a 170mph+???

mk2 172

mo, yes that was in birmingham, mitchy, we ran oout of road so had to brake, the lambo floored it first and there was virtually nothing in it

mitchy it was one of these little f..kers, didnt half shift

Audi RS4
00-02
6/2671
375/6100
325/2500
170mph

Audi S3

Quote: Originally posted by sammy on 19 July 2003

130mph (I think) in Matts (16v Matt) valver (He so would never let me drive that car over 40mph... :cry:)

what me drive at 130mph naaaaaaa think ur mistaken there ;)

dam right u wont go ove 40 drivin my car ur lucky u got to drive it at all! lol

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

139 limiting in 5th in my Williams. In a mates Soarer twin turbo, 154 mph, and still pulling :eek:

Quote: Originally posted by mo-- on 19 July 2003

168 in twin turbo supra chipped, you could actually see the fuel needle moving, funny thing is we still got toasted by two other cars .. oh and every slight bend in the m/way becomes veryyyyyyy scary.
You cant chip a twin turbo supra, not possible and no need either, its self learning to a point.

You saw the fuel guage move? rubbish!

:)

Ha ha sounds like I have the slowest fastest speed.

Done 110 in a 1.4 16V clio and the same in my diesel.

EDD

I think he probably meant that the boost controller had been fitted,adjusted, or uprated as there is no point in chipping a 300 horse car. The fuelling would already be at its optimum point.

As for seeing the needle move, i dont really know about that one, i dont know if it is actually possible, but i would guess if the car is travelling at 170mph, a rough estimate imo would be around the 3-5mpg mark, maybe even lower, so a sustained period at this speed certainly would drink the fuel, its always a possibility.

My mates 380bhp+ GTIR, i know for a fact lasted 145miles from full,

He was averaging around 140mph for a good hour though

Is there any boffins on the site who can work out how long it would take to cover 1mile at 170mph.

Would be interesting too see

Ill try and work it out...

If travelling at 60mph, theoretically cover 60miles in that hr. so at 60mph you would be covering 1 mile each minute

If travelling at 120mph, these figures are obviously doubled so you would cover a mile every 30secs.

If travelling at 180mph, the 1 minute figure would obviously be a 1/3, so hence covering a mile every 20secs.

So for 170mph, i would estimate about 22-23secs per mile

Or even better......10mph would cover a mile in 6 mins(360secs) Divide 360 by 17 (10*17=170) and that works out to be

21.176secs per mile

fastest my mate ;) has been?

My Mates cars:

Saxo VTS: Off the clock 140mph +

Clio Cup: 140mph indicated

Letting my Mates Dad drive who used to be a pursuit driver for the Police: 165mph with all blues blazing!

170mph in TVR Cerbera...put my foot down and felt the car start to accelerate on from that speed and promptly lost my bottle.

Sweaty palms.

0-100mph in little over 8 seconds is quite exciting.

I think he probably meant that the boost controller had been fitted,adjusted, or uprated as there is no point in chipping a 300 horse car. The fuelling would already be at its optimum point.
My point was that it cant be done, there is no chip that can be replaced or re-programed.