ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

speedo cable

i have just had a replacement gearbox fitted in my 1995 renault clio 16v. and the mechanic that fitted it says that my speedo cable is a different fitting to the 1 on the new box. does any1 no if there are different speedo cables for the clio 16v.

and where i can get the 1 that will fit. how much?

Williams 2, STi N12

There are different speedo housings that go in the gearbox itself, trouble is these are sealed units and need the gearbox out to put it right.

It is his fault for not checking, still at least you wont put any miles on your car!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

If the gearbox is of the later type, the standard speedo cable will fit but you need an adaptor. A piece of black plastic costing about £0.19p. from your Renault dealer.

Hope that helps.

Bob RTE

GR7

Shiny red R32

Surely they wont charge 19p for something Bob! How tight is that? My local garage doesnt usually charge for anything under a fiver!