ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spent a few hours cleaning the 182... how do i get the black bits black?

Trophy, Audi TT,
I have spent a few hours cleaning my car but some of the black plastic bits are still dull and show the marks where i have polish on them, what do you guys use to clean the black bits?

clio 2.JPG
clio 1.JPG

Clio 182
you mean where the mirrors are etc? I use back to black like a polish/spray. most places sell it like halfords it is good. terry

Have a look in the detailing forum for trim detailers. There are a lot of threads, with the same questions asked almost daily - should be of some help.

Clio 1.6 16v
Yeah i use Back to Black on my splitter mirror sides door handles below wipers etc :D It does the trick mate and if your cars black (Like mine) makes it look colour coded... nearly ;) haha

Back to black lasts around 7.3 seconds in the rain.

The AutoGlym Bumper Care is not bad as a basic product. But there are much better products out there.

Back to black lasts around 7.3 seconds in the rain.

The AutoGlym Bumper Care is not bad as a basic product. But there are much better products out there.

Pretty much this.

Apart from the better products bit. Not that I doubt it's veracity, it's just that I am not sufficiently anal about my black bits to spend lots of money on fancier products.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
ok seriously just try these, to remove the polish white residue etc. use either a rubber (yup old school pencil type) or peanut butter,

seriously they work.